Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2 Problems

• 02-02-2009 10:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭

I will love you forever if you can help me solve these 2 problems :)

1) My comp is telling me I need to install device driver software for my Coprocessor. I did the whole troubleshooting stuff and reinstalled the device software and said it was successful but then I got a little notification that the software did not install. So I have no drivers for my coprocessor. Any help?

I'm not sure what details I have to tell you so you can help so here's a few things:

Processor: AMD Turion 64 X2 (It shows this twice under "Processor" in Device Manager)

I have an HP Pavilion DV2104eu laptop.

2)I'm trying to play Spore but it keeps on freezing. If, lets say, I press the Windows Key and it goes back to the desktop and then I go back into the game it will run fine for a few seconds and then it will freeze again. It happens with other games too.

Info:
    Processor: AMD Turion 64 X2
    Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce Go 6150
    RAM: 2.5GB

Muchos Gracias :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

cow i'd say ur biggest problem is ur usin windows 7, have ya tried them with vista or have ya not got it anymore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

for drivers problems, first step is always to google and download and run drivermax

for prob 2, i'd imagine pressing the windows key during any game on any pc would cause problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Cow Moolester

guil07 wrote: »
    cow i'd say ur biggest problem is ur usin windows 7, have ya tried them with vista or have ya not got it anymore

It's the same on Vista. I upgraded to W7 hoping it would help but its the same

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

It's the same on Vista. I upgraded to W7 hoping it would help but its the same
    Does W7 have new drivers that aren't available for Vista ?

anyway IBM coprocessors have been around longer than windows so the basic functions should be well covered , have you checked HP's forums

Games , did you check the compatibility mode

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Cow Moolester

Does W7 have new drivers that aren't available for Vista ?

anyway IBM coprocessors have been around longer than windows so the basic functions should be well covered , have you checked HP's forums

Games , did you check the compatibility mode

I googled it but to no joy...I didn't know what would be best to google considering I don't know any details about the coprocessor :(

@mukki: I downloaded that Drivermax thing but I can't register. Everytime it goes to send the validation e-mail it times out :(

• Advertisement

The Coprocessor you describe would be an NVIDIA System Management Unit (SMU). If you know the exact chipset you could get a driver for it but you can do without it, the install just puts in a driverless dummy to remove the unknown device from the list. I prefer to have no unknown devices in my Device Manager but if you can't get one then it's no biggie in this case.

Advertisement