Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Broadband now only offering 4mb breeze.

Options
  • 02-02-2009 10:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

Just noticed today that IBB have gotten rid of the 2 and 3 mb Breeze package and just have a 4mb for €55 a month!

It will cost me €5 to upgrade to from 3 as its the only option I have where I live:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

They've brought the pricing of their DSL packages right down though (and added caps but they seem reasonable.. you can buy extra for a small extra per month etc and they've also made the contention better). I guess the cost of installing and maintaining breeze doesn't make it feasible with lower packages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

Yes I realise Breeze probably takes a lot of maintenance but its just a bummer for those who's only option was 2 mb Breeze.€55 is steep for 4 mb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I wish I could still get the service .. would work nicely with my Slingbox :( I take your point though.

You're curretly with IBB? They don't force you to upgrade I don't think?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

either they are increasing contention, changing all the radios or less people are on it. There was a good reason Breeze only offered 2Mbps originally.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭johnciall

or they've been upgrading their capacity,

I remember when breeze first came out it was 1 & 2 Mbit then they upgraded everyone by a Mb, lets face it 3 are constantly talking about how their upgrading their network[if what they've been telling other people is true] maybe ibb just did it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

watty wrote: »
    either they are increasing contention, changing all the radios or less people are on it. There was a good reason Breeze only offered 2Mbps originally.

Contetion still the same.

http://www.irishbroadband.ie/products_display.php?id=2

If I don't get full service there will be hell to pay for €55!!!
    They mentioned nothing about new radio just it would take 24-48 hours to upgrade.

Advertisement