Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

extension tube stuck on lens !!

• 02-02-2009 10:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭

I just got an extension tube,, and for the whole day there's been no problem.. it went on and off no problem.. but all of a sudden it's stuck on the lens.. and i've tryed with all my power and it wont come off !!

any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭sasar

I had the same problem a while ago - it stuck on my 50mm lens.
    Just keep twisting it and sooner or later it will come off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

my hands are red raw from trying !! gonna pass it to someone else to try,, dont want to break my lens.. only one i got.. i just started :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

NeVeR wrote: »
    I just got an extension tube,, and for the whole day there's been no problem.. it went on and off no problem.. but all of a sudden it's stuck on the lens.. and i've tryed with all my power and it wont come off !!

any ideas?

Dont know if it is any help but i got a filter stuck on..... I left it in the porch in the cold and it must have contracted and it came straigt off :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

i got it... there was a little silver thing on the tube.. which i took of cos i thought it was holding the tube to the lens... after a while trying to get it back on i did and pushed it and it released the tube !!

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭democrates

+1 landyman well done, I remember an old management video in the 80's based on the book "in Search of Excellence" where a guy in a factory put components in a freezer to ease assembly.

Brute force is rarely the best solution with finely engineered devices, a great read on using the brain power approach to problem solving is "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance".

I got Kenko extension tubes for a macro foray, but I won't used them on a pricey lens or body because they feel 'gratey' when screwing on, I'd be afraid that over time they could be acting like a file on the lens and/or body mount. I'd guess the design engineers got their specs dead on but the manufacturing isn't the best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

NeVeR wrote: »
    i got it... there was a little silver thing on the tube.. which i took of cos i thought it was holding the tube to the lens... after a while trying to get it back on i did and pushed it and it released the tube !!

thanks

Yeah when I saw the OP I thought of this, it happened to me when playing around with them. as well :o

Advertisement