Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Snow Snow

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭BG2

Did no one else get hit by all the little stones that were in the snow balls?

I actually don't give a hoot if the "mob" wanted to throw snowballs at each other but didn't at all understand them even threatening to throw snow at all the people who didnt want to be involved. What was the point? If they weren't game then leave it. You'll have more fun with those that are and can see the 'hilarious' side.

I had no idea about the snow being taken inside and I find that really disgusting. If thats the reason why I was thrown out of college so early yesterday and the reason I had to walk home when the rain and snow was at its worse then its pretty disgraceful for UCD as a whole.

Also with regards to it not being intimidating or bullying - I was walking on my own down by O Reilly after 5. Getting pretty dark. All on my own. 6 lads all twice the size of me are stood in a bush with their arms in the throwing position:

"Oh she thinks if she doesn't make eye contact we wont get her..."
    "GRRR!"
    and a bunch of other retard noises they made as they threaten to throw...

...so i did make eye contact but Buffy seasons 1-3 opening credit/last shot style eye contact...and they backed down!

I didnt like it. And if i wasnt such a Buffy nerd it would have been much more intimidating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭vincenzolorenzo

Was a bit annoying alright getting pelted with them when you were trying to get somewhere. I found the best strategy was to ignore and walk fast, they got bored fairly quickly then. Anyway it looked class while it was snowing, here's a quick video i took yesterday shortly after it really started coming down
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC66GAT6DlQ&feature=email

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 micf

I had two weeks of work destroyed by the infantile little bastards who targetted me just because I am a woman... this was sheer bullying and sexism in the extreme. I have identified a number of the thugs and will be reporting the incident to the Garda. I have requested CCTV footage from the College authorities. I am in my first year in this college and have never experienced this amount of sexual harrasment in my life.

If this is what UCD is going to be like I am strongly thinking of transferring to another college.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

micf wrote: »
    I had two weeks of work destroyed by the infantile little bastards who targetted me just because I am a woman... this was sheer bullying and sexism in the extreme. I have identified a number of the thugs and will be reporting the incident to the Garda. I have requested CCTV footage from the College authorities. I am in my first year in this college and have never experienced this amount of sexual harrasment in my life.

If this is what UCD is going to be like I am strongly thinking of transferring to another college.
    This isn't normally what it's like, but never underestimate the power of cold white stuff to turn thousands of people into blubbering retards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 micf

Oh, and where were the heros from PULSE security yesterday?? I thought this was the type of behaviour they were employed to counter?

• Advertisement

Pulse Security are a ****ing disaster area in general, but that's for a whole other thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Oh, and where were the heros from PULSE security yesterday?? I thought this was the type of behaviour they were employed to counter?

Yeah they were no where to be seen when they might have actually come in useful for once, the fe*king wasters:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Grimes wrote: »
    Turning everyone in UCD onto the streets in heavy snow at 5pm has to be the worst health and saftey decision I have ever heard of in my life. Some foreign students I was with from Canada couldnt believe that they were being put out into the weather. I ended up going down a hill sideways in my car in Clonskeagh when I would have much rather waiting until after rush hour traffic to leave UCD. Can someone please explain why "due to the weather" they have to close UCD early? Why wernt services taking student cards of people causing trouble or just man the doors to prevent snow being brought in.

Some of the mob started before 12. I doubt drink had anything to do with it. How often does it snow in Ireland? Its the first time I've ever been able to have a snowball fight so of course I was gonna enjoy it. And it was amazing!! I got battered by guys in my year and freezing hands but it was so worth it. Everyone (well everyone outside of eng) was in such a good mood

I heard the reason why the mob attacked Quinn 3 times (at around 12.30, 1.45 and 3.30) was because "They caused the recession". They stood at the door not letting anyone out, and throwing in snowballs. Services were going mad trying to get security to come up but I don't think they did. They were outside Daedalus at 2 and about an hour later they were hiding in the bushes by the lake hurling snowballs up at anyone walking by the library

What could security have done? "Give us your snow?"... eh no. There is no way that mob would have ran if 3 security men came over. They would have covered them in snow. The first time I saw security that day was that evening trying to move a car that had rolled out of its space and was blocking the road

The reason that was given for closing down early is because it was due to freeze that evening (and did) so that instead of people walking through slush, they could have been slipping, fallen over and potentially seeken damages from the university. Thats the line they told DramSoc anyway who had to cancel their show
    dyl10 wrote: »
    I do have problems with people snowballing the inside of buildings
    *perverted snigger*
    I don't want people snowballing the inside or the outside of buildings!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

gubbie wrote: »
    *perverted snigger*
    I don't want people snowballing the inside or the outside of buildings!

Disgusting :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

As far as I know they were targetting men as well. That makes it regular harrasment. :)

• Advertisement

Leprachaun wrote: »
    As far as I know they were targetting men as well. That makes it regular harrasment. :)

It still doesn't excuse harrassment of any sort - which should not be taking place, full stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

It still doesn't excuse harrassment of any sort - which should not be taking place, full stop.

Not saying it should,but I don't think there was anything 'sexist' about what the mob were doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

the infantile little bastards who targetted me just because I am a woman... this was sheer sexism in the extreme.

I think that's a bit of an extreme assumption to be honest, although I wouldn't disagree with anything else you said

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

dyl10 wrote: »
    Disgusting :D

Oh yeah,one of my lecturers kind of fell into the same trap..

'Now that I'm safe inside the lecture hall you can't snowball me!'
    ..although based on what I've read here he probably still should have been slightly worried!

We have dirty minds.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭BG2

I had to google snowballing!

I didn't know that was what that was called!

:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭33% God

I got hit as well. They just targeted anyone who was walking past, particularly if you were wearing something distinctive or if you had an umbrella.
    I didn't mind though, I had the sense to wear a rain coat and a hat (which is probably why I got targeted :p). I just laughed it off, it's only a bit of water. The holes in my shoes that were letting in the wet was far more irritating.
    I saw them outside the Ag building in their jeep that people were pelting with snowballs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Frankieb

I hope security or the police caught some of them and make an example of them. I saw them targeting people who very obviously not having fun. They are brave enough to bully people when theres 60 of them together but I bet they won't be brave enough to admit they were involved and defend ir as just good fun when the college comes after them. I saw one gut from my class there and was going to report him but I have no proof

• Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

this sounds hillarious, wish i was there!

and sexism LOL - not being serious are ya?

Actually yes, she is - it's easy for a large group to pick on those it perceives to be weak, unfortunately often that happens to be women.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

Frankieb wrote: »
    I saw one gut from my class there and was going to report him but I have no proof

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSezjvCn-lA&NR=1

don't suppose he had a yellow hat? can't be too many of them in ucd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

Thats as bad as happyslapping. No one can reasonably deny that that is not bullying. That poor guy on the bike

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Phuquer loads of people didnt find it funny as you can see here. Those videos show a crowd of hooligans bullying people. You're very brave admitting on the forum under a fake name that you were there but I bet if the college authories have you on camera you'll deny it.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭graduate

If people are assaulted then it up to them as to whether they consider it serious. You'd like to think that the services have this on camera but you can't have confidence in their response, if this had been nipped in the bud in the morning then a mob would not have built up.

Some seem to think that this is normal. Say the weather was warm you might head out with a few mates for a game of football, but it wouldn't be acceptable to go down to the Quinn school and try and hit people walking by with the footballs.

As for closing the building because of it freezing, it didn't start to freeze until 10-11pm, 6 hours later. If ice was the issue then why was no effort made to clear the footpaths on Friday, indeed they are probably still covered in ice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Your Man

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fuidl0M_Ck

Hahaha legend:D
    im sure some people on this forum will find fault with this aswell:confused:

Your Man wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fuidl0M_Ck

Hahaha legend:D
    im sure some people on this forum will find fault with this aswell:confused:

He's not hurting anyone but himself (both from the scrotal shrinkage and the potential rabies), whereas the snow mob were hurting others, damaging the property of others and generally pissing people off. There is a difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Glenn Quagmire

The normally moral minded holier than thou mob on Askaboutmoney.com are condoning this riotious behaviour. For shame, I bet they all went to Trinity. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭33% God

-Phuqer- wrote: »
    I was talking to a senior member of staff who got "attacked" by the snow mob and he thought it was very funny.
    I know a senior lecturer of law was hit with a snowball (not by me).
    He apparently didn't take it well at all :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

pithater1 wrote: »
    To the people here who are saying lighten up etc. how about no. Why the **** should I just accept you ****less gombeens throwing blocks of snow at me. If I wanted to join in your infantile little game surely you may have noticed.

Throw a snowball back! If you can. ''Oh no fluffy snow has hit me ahhhh to the library!''

Advertisement