Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Snow Snow

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

Leprachaun wrote: »
    Yeh but as you said,it was hilarious for some people and not for others. That doesn't make the people who thought it was hilarious wrong.

The only point of throwing snowballs at the passers-by who weren't interested in partaking was clearly to get a kick out of p1ssing them off, imo. Their wish not to be involved is pretty much the only thing that makes them any different as targets than people who were happy to throw and be hit by snowballs. How is that not wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

Mushy wrote: »

Yeah, its hilarious throwing snowballs at those who don't want to participate isn't it?:rolleyes:

It is for some people yes.

Another story, walking down the concourse that day, some lad was roughly 3 feet from a girl who was walking up alone, lets her go bout a foot beyond him, then flings a snowball at her, hits her in the face, turns to his mates sheepishly and goes 'Come on, lets go!'. Yeah, big man he is flinging snowballs at an unwilling passer-by...now how do you see that as deadly, or having some craic?

As long as she wasn't hurt,sure.

I just don't see why people are getting so high and mighty about this. I mean,it's bloody snow. It's not like a mob was going around stabbing people. Today's culture is way too prudish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Yeh but as you said,it was hilarious for some people and not for others. That doesn't make the people who thought it was hilarious wrong.

Sure it does. That's what bullying is.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

[QUOTE=Leprachaun;59014588
    I just don't see why people are getting so high and mighty about this. I mean,it's bloody snow. It's not like a mob was going around stabbing people. Today's culture is way too prudish.[/QUOTE]

Bold Highlight 1: Maybe some people have some standards and respect others who don't want to participate unwillingly.

Bold Highlight 2: You could also spin it to say that today's culture is too 'once I cant see whats wrong, then nobody will', or something to that effect!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

It is for some people yes.

As long as she wasn't hurt,sure.

I just don't see why people are getting so high and mighty about this. I mean,it's bloody snow. It's not like a mob was going around stabbing people. Today's culture is way too prudish.

So it would be hilarious for me if you got hit in the face with a rock, but would it be hilarious for you?

• Advertisement

So it would be hilarious for me if you got hit in the face with a rock, but would it be hilarious for you?

Yes for the first and no for the second,obviously.

There's a difference between assault/seriously injuring someone and throwing semi-frozen water at people,and you know it.

Yes for the first and no for the second,obviously.

There's a difference between assault/seriously injuring someone and throwing semi-frozen water at people,and you know it.

Its the manner in which people carried it out though is where the trouble lies. Opening car doors and pelting the driver isn't funny, its brainless stupidity, doesn't matter if it was snow or a rock.

doesn't matter if it was snow or a rock.

It kinda does,yeah.

It kinda does,yeah.

Now quote the whole message, and don't be selective just to suit your arguement.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Tayto2000

Snowball fights - sure, fine, no problem. Great craic.

Thursday wasn't a snowball fight.

Grabbing people's umbrellas off them so they can be pelted by a mob. Snowballs with rocks and gravel mixed up in them being thrown at cars and people. Cars being stopped, surrounded, doors forcibly opened and snow thrown into them. Lecture theatres being invaded and snow thrown onto electronic equipment. Hiding then jumping out and throwing snowballs point blank into someones face as they walk past.

All that is just hooliganism, plain and simple. Trying to write it off as 'just a bit of fun' is extremely disingenuous at the very least.

Reminds me of school, the old classic 'but we were only messin!' excuse...

• Advertisement

Now quote the whole message, and don't be selective just to suit your arguement.

Ok.
    Its the manner in which people carried it out though is where the trouble lies. Opening car doors and pelting the driver isn't funny, its brainless stupidity, doesn't matter if it was snow or a rock.

It kinda does,yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

Ok.

It kinda does,yeah.

Guess whats usually in snowballs? Ice and stones.

Guess whats usually in snowballs? Ice and stones.

What kind of argument is that? I've never thrown a snowball that had stones in it and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to tell the difference between a block of ice and the soft snow from the grass.

What kind of argument is that? I've never thrown a snowball that had stones in it and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to tell the difference between a block of ice and the soft snow from the grass.

Now tell this to those who were flinging ice!!! and now you'll see why it wasn't as fun as you think.

Advertisement