Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Linksys WAG160N on Windows Vista

Options
  • 02-02-2009 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭

I'm having intermittent connection loss between my laptop and the router.

When I choose to connect manually it says the computer did not receive any response from the router.

The only way to fix it is to plug out the router and plug it in again.

Is there any way to fix this?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

I'm having intermittent connection loss between my laptop and the router.

When I choose to connect manually it says the computer did not receive any response from the router.

The only way to fix it is to plug out the router and plug it in again.

Is there any way to fix this?

Is this a recent development? Does the laptop connect with no problems in other situations?

Have you tried changing the wireless channel? Any other wireless gizmos in the area?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Agreed, use netstumbler to check nearby interference/other AP's on the same channel.
    After that it could be numerous things.
    Firmware on Router
    Driver on wireless card.
    Distance from Router to PC/Laptop

The big question to start with is from Dub45 , has it ever worked?
    If so what has changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

excellent firmware update for this router if anyone was having problems like i was

http://downloads.linksysbycisco.com/downloads/WAG160Nv1-EU-ANNEXA-ETSI-1.00.15-code.zip

Advertisement