Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Me

Options
  • 02-02-2009 11:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭

Whats the best option for the music leaving cert practical?
    :4 instruments and 4 Singing
    or
    :6 Instruments
    or
    :4 Instruments and 4 Technology

??????Help????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Guitarist-JEM

I'd say 4 instruments and 4 singing :)
    ..but do you not get to do the sibelius??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

You'll be marked easier if you do 4&4. So that all comes down to whether you think you'd be better at sibelius or singing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Of Singing, Instrument + Music Technology, which are your best 2? Or, which of singing/instrument are you better at for 6 pieces?

I did 4 instrument 4 singing because I was already doing violin lessons and I was already in the choir (did singing in a group), so it was no extra hassle. Music technology looks to be really easy, so if I wasn't already spending hours a week on the choir I would definitely have done that instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

To be honest, most people in my class think the Music Technology is a bit of a joke. It's that easy. You know exactly what you're inputting, exactly what edits you're making, and a lot of the time the examiner will stop you before you're done if they can see you know what you're at. It's about 5-10 minutes simple computer work. It really doesn't compare with 4 whole songs in my opinion.
    Apparently, the actual software is very expensive though. My teacher gave us a disk (ssshhh) to pass around and install on out own computers but it doesn't work on Vista :mad:.

Advertisement