Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow in the west of ireland

Options
  • 02-02-2009 11:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

What are the chances of snow in the west of ireland this week??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

very good for thursday. we may get something in the early hours of Tuesday too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Thursday!?!

Honestly i cant see it happening! We are living in an invisible forcefield!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

They have snow in Spain and Morocco and still the Galway snow shields remain impenetrable, it's impressive.
    No doubt if anything gets though it will have turned to rain.
    Thursday I fly out to florida for two weeks so it will probably snow here then :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

very good for thursday. we may get something in the early hours of Tuesday too.

you might be right - this is starting to look promising no??http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

No way we're going to get anything much from the east, Thursday does look promising as the wind shifts to the north, just hang in there ;).

• Advertisement

I am trying SamForMayo

MayoForSam wrote: »
    No way we're going to get anything much from the east, Thursday does look promising as the wind shifts to the north, just hang in there ;).

oh really;)

because there is light snow here beginning to turn heavier now:D:D:D:D
    wohoo!!

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭IMBACKLATER

eastern parts of connaught should see some snow late tonight,

but no one will really care, all the fun at the moment is on the east coast,

and as you can see from the other thread they are gone into overdrive,

if such a snow event happened in the west

there wouldn t be as much interst on here or in the media

due to our low population density and media centralisation phenomem in dublin.

Yeah looks like the eastern part of Connacht will get some! As for the south and south west, you can forget about it

eastern parts of connaught should see some snow late tonight,

true. in this setup we never get precipitation as heavy as folks further east do, however, i'm confident nonetheless that many parts of east mayo, north and east galway, dongeal, leitrim, and roscommon will see at least a dusting of snow by morning.

but thursday is when the fun will hopefully begin. we should see troughs thursday night which should lead to decent accumulation for Friday morning. of course Jim Fahy will be on the job no matter how adverse the conditions are:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭kerry1960

Yeah looks like the eastern part of Connacht will get some! As for the south and south west, you can forget about it

And what makes you think that then:p just back from work and more interested in bed right now , but heres the proof;).
    b87475878e8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Good fall last night & still snowing.

Well, woke up this morning to find it raining :rolleyes:. Roads were fine, no frost. Warm front had pushed in and temperatures have risen a few degrees.

Patience, patience........

ch750536 wrote: »

yes we get it- the east trumps the west:p

thanks for the pictures

huh?

ch750536 wrote: »
    huh?

:o:o
    sorry, i thought you were located in the east of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

i want snow :(
    woke up to rain this morning, not fun!!

by the look of this sky if it was summer time we'd definitely have thunder out of any showers. still snowing lightly but darker clouds are rolling in. come on snow!

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭kerry1960

Just had another light snowfall , still light covering in my own location.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

i'm a bit west of Killorglin here and we are getting just rain :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Heavy in Limerick.

Yeah its awesome!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭sillybird

Woo hoo its pegging the stuff down here in Galway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭sean555

where are you in galway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Sun is splitting the f$%king rocks in Sligo was raining this morning. Cold last night but not freezing.

Yup, snowing heavily in Galway, I'm on the coast just beyond Spiddal so very unusual to see the white stuff. I doubt if it'll stick as the ground's too wet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 gobbles

And if it does snow this week, what are the chances of it actually sticking??:confused:
    More so in the sligo coast area...

frustrating times so far...!! very light snow on and off...
    everytime it looks like i could get a decent fall the cloud keep breaking up yet, 20 miles away they are having continous showers by the looks of things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭sillybird

sean555 wrote: »
    where are you in galway

Corofin bout 7 miles from Tuam on the City side. Snow has eased off a bit but there are more dark clouds on the way

Advertisement