Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow in the west of ireland

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 djruane

Snowing heavily in south sligo now good covering and first decent shower since the cold spell started!!!

Fingers crossed that theres more to come!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

djruane wrote: »
    Snowing heavily in south sligo now good covering and first decent shower since the cold spell started!!!

Bugger, better run home then before the road is too messy.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

djruane wrote: »

Lucky you

The one and only recent shower that made it here (just outside Sligo town) about two hours ago was rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Flecktarn

No snow this mornng but hail stones and a lot of ice,much the same yesterday!

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭homersimpson

Ice everywhere. Laneway is like a skating rink

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭diverdriver

Another gloriously sunny if frosty day in Galway. Not a hint of snow. What's gone wrong?;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Another gloriously sunny if frosty day in Galway. Not a hint of snow. What's gone wrong?;)

I feel your pain :( Nothing since the light snow on Tuesday night!! Ah well - maybe sunday:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

Fionagus wrote: »
    I feel your pain :( Nothing since the light snow on Tuesday night!! Ah well - maybe sunday:rolleyes:

Snow shields are still in place, it's a nice sunny morning in the city. I got to see some snow yesterday in Dublin, but it means I'm in Galway when I should be in Florida. That airport needs more snowplows.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

afraid not:( it will just be sucky rain for our side. if you really want to see snow on sunday head up to ulster. it will probably stay as snow there and will give a good covering of snow. it'll turn back to rain over Leinster.

i woke up to a dusting but nothing really to get over excited about. as the occluded front comes south on tuesday we have a reasonable chance. still, it keeps being extended. at this stage i wouldn't be surprised if we don't get a decent fall out of 'phase 2':(:(:(

a proper shower of hail and snow now.

• Advertisement

yes!!! yes!!! glorious big flakes:)

the snow is quite heavy now:D:D:D

i wonder is this a weak of trough. as it seems like it could last a while:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 gobbles

We have been having a lot of pretty heavy snow showers here in sligo town. Some of them with big flakes, others with tiny flakes/ sleet. Though there is nothing sticking at all. It is just torture...:mad:. But then again...Its Snowing!!:eek:

yes!!! yes!!! glorious big flakes:)

the snow is quite heavy now:D:D:D

i wonder is this a weak of trough. as it seems like it could last a while:cool:
    Enjoy!!
    Have drawn blinds, gone back to writing up thesis and have accepted that Galway is and will remain a snow free zone:(

Enjoy!!
    Have drawn blinds, gone back to writing up thesis and have accepted that Galway is and will remain a snow free zone:(

your snowday will come:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Peter

Snowing heavy in Tuam now and its all sticking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

Got up this morning to heavy frost - nothin new there. Hopped into the car to get the de-icer and by the time I got out again there was a white-out. It's been a long long time since I've seen snow so heavy that I can't see more than 10 feet or so. Had to chance my arm and head to work - wipers struggled to keep the snow off, and the windscreen kept icing up on inside and outside - had about 4" of visibility where the heating was blasting up. Got to Tubbercurry (5 or 6 miles away) and it was completely clear - just a light rain. Bizzare!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

^where do you live?
    Didnt think there was snow up the sligo direction.
    Whats the story for tonight lads? any sneachta for donegal?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

up in rosscommon visiting my mam today and
    had a few hail showers. just as i left at 5 snow started
    falling:) pretty heavy too
    got heavier coming into castlerea and was sticking,
    so was having high hopes that dear ole galway would get
    some tonight, outside of ballinlough it "suddenly" vanished...:eek:
    my dreams were ruined... so now am sulking...:(
    not fair....:confused:

an inch and half has settled here now. Pangea, according to the radar Donegal should be having showers now:confused:

here in co. sligo snow is now coming down every once in a while and some of it is sticking. Hope it keeps up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

gobbles wrote: »
    here in co. sligo snow is now coming down every once in a while and some of it is sticking. Hope it keeps up!
    meh

:pac:

an inch and half has settled here now. Pangea, according to the radar Donegal should be having showers now:confused:
    wow congrats on the snow ,uve been waiting on it all week, is it gona stick around there?
    Noh all i see out is a slight white dusting from earlier ,no sign of snow clouds here yet.

Pangea wrote: »
    wow congrats on the snow ,uve been waiting on it all week, is it gona stick around there?
    Noh all i see out is a slight white dusting from earlier ,no sign of snow clouds here yet.

there is about an inch and a half out the back now. with more clouds building up. i can't understand how you're not getting anything as the uk radar shows precipitation over a good part of Donegal

there is about an inch and a half out the back now. with more clouds building up. i can't understand how you're not getting anything as the uk radar shows precipitation over a good part of Donegal
    yeah i seen that , real bad ice here now , whole area is like an ice rink,
    Quite a clear night here ,I see some clouds heading over to the mountains ,not sure if they will come my way.

U dont sound happy for a man that has snow! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

ever so slight dusting of snow here in Sligo as well, but hardly worth mentioning

Pangea wrote: »
    yeah i seen that , real bad ice here now , whole area is like an ice rink,
    Quite a clear night here ,I see some clouds heading over to the mountains ,not sure if they will come my way.

U dont sound happy for a man that has snow! :p

i'm just in shock after a week of disappointment;)

the weather forecast showed the showers continuing overnight and dying off early tomorrow. so i could have a very nice covering by tomorrow morning.

:D:D:D

Well no showers here at all ,even though the met uk radar shows moderate showers over my area.

i'm just in shock after a week of disappointment;)

the weather forecast showed the showers continuing overnight and dying off early tomorrow. so i could have a very nice covering by tomorrow morning.

:D:D:D

Yes. It's looking really good further north & west so enjoy & photos in the morning please:D

http://www.meteox.com/gmap.aspx?soort=beeld&date=2009-02-06&tijd=21:30:00&zoom=6&lat=53.605544099238&lon=-7.84423828125
    Galway stuck in the middle of a 'snow-free zone' though!:rolleyes:

where abouts are you??
    also can you give me the link to the uk radar.

• Advertisement

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/index.html

WOW Nice clouds headed my way hopefully.

Advertisement