Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow in the west of ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

gobbles wrote: »
    where abouts are you??
    also can you give me the link to the uk radar.

Mayo.
    http://www.meteogroup.co.uk/uk/home/weather/radar/united_kingdom.html

well, the showers seem to breaking up here. also, the last one had bits of rain in it:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 gobbles

Mayo.
    http://www.meteogroup.co.uk/uk/home/weather/radar/united_kingdom.html

well, the showers seem to breaking up here. also, the last one had bits of rain in it:eek:
    I also think we could be seeing the end of it but we are just going to have to wait and see.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭willy wonka

had some hail and beautiful snow at about 8pm tonight! I was so excited and couldnt believe it. It was sticking and left about 1.5 inches on the ground. I really couldnt believe my eyes 'cos it was the first decent snow shower we've seen this year. I honestly thought we'd see no snow in this part of the country after waking up to rain/sun every morning.

Its rained since but Im not giving up hope cos it's in the air somewhere!

snowing again at a steady rate. if this keeps up overnight i could have 3 inches of snow by morning!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭willy wonka

woke up to a blanket of snow and a light snow flurry that has now turned heavier!

Feel like a kid on Christmas morning :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Lovely covering here ,still snowing ,no one on the roads ,around 2 or 3 inches now! :D

3 and half inches of snow now(about half an inch of it is from Friday's snow) :D fantastic stuff.

there should still be a bit left over by tonight regardless of the thaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Whole lot of snow in Ashbourne, Meath. A lot more than fell earlier in the week.

We are gettin a heavy covering here nacho , no one on the roads either.

Pangea wrote: »
    We are gettin a heavy covering here nacho , no one on the roads either.

congrats. your patience has been rewarded:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Just barely enough snow here in Sligo to cover the ground. An optimistic 2 cm maybe. Thawing now, but the very light snizzle continues. Roads slushy to wet.

Supposed to get very frosty tonight, isn't it? That could make things very interesting for getting into work tomorrow ..I'd rather drive on snow than on ice.

wow what a surprise it's started snowing again:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

Just a light dusting of snow yesterday in South Co Sligo, which landed my poor car into a ditch. Nearly lost my life this morning when I looked out before driving my husband to the train in Ballymote and saw 2 to 3 inches of snow!!! :eek:

Aside from the horrible driving (dunno how you lads in Wicklow are managing) it's really really beautiful though. Wish I could have stayed home and built a snowman! ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Flecktarn

The sun is out here and the air is getting warmer.Woke up to about an inch/inch and a half today.

3 inches here , nice , still very cloudy.

Some pics
    1032085kn4.jpg
    w800.png

1032088ta4.jpg
    w800.png

Delightful pictures!:) what a lovely sight.

:)

Great photos. I hope the robin thanked you for the food.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Lovely clear day here, not a cloud in sight,

All gone at ground level (except in the shade) ...but at least I finally got a chance to drive my car up a mountain in the snow :D

72394.JPG
    72395.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Spartie

Lovely pics.......but a robin can fly...

Have been snowbound since last tuesday....woke up to a raging blizzard this morning... if it freezes tonight again... I could be stuck here for days...the nearest shops are almost 5 miles away and I am running out of everything.......oh, how I wish I could fly...

I thinking of suing the 'government' for leading us to believe that 'global warming' nonsense.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Spartie wrote: »

I thinking of suing the 'government' for leading us to believe that 'global warming' nonsense.... :(

Tell that to the Australians :rolleyes:..........

ah come on.... were you not watching the news.... those fires were lit deliberately

Spartie wrote: »
    Lovely pics.......but a robin can fly...

Have been snowbound since last tuesday....woke up to a raging blizzard this morning... if it freezes tonight again... I could be stuck here for days...the nearest shops are almost 5 miles away and I am running out of everything.......oh, how I wish I could fly...

Don't you know anyone with a tractor or 4x4 who could do some shopping for you?

Yeah of course, but all too far away.... and I wouldn't ask anyone to put their life in danger on these roads...nothing moving on wheels here at all... anything that has moved all week has gone over the edge..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

A few pics of some of the recent snow up on Carrauntuohil on this site http://outdoorsireland.blogspot.com

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭kerry1960

Great stuff TK , well done , thats a great site ;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭sorella

Had to go out for food etc today. The first five miles were an.... interesting experience I would not care to repeat. Went soon after 6 am so as to miss meeting anyone else.

Steep hills with thick ice atop.... pulled in once to let a crawling van pass and danced a while then:)

They were amazed in Donegal Town that anyone had got down that way. So was I....

A wee Suzuki WaggonR Plus this is.

No need to go out again now for weeks!!

Came back the longer way to avoid the hills to find one part of the road that way all but blocked. Team of men with a lorry load of sand paved the way for us.

Take care this night.

Freezing fog added to the experience en route to Strabane.

^^Where do u live?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭sorella

Beyond Letterbarrow.

Beautiful photos!! Thank you
    Pangea wrote: »
    ^^Where do u live?

Advertisement