Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions & Answers

Options
  • 03-02-2009 12:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭

Am I alone in getting nausea and blood pressure watching Willie O Dea on Q&A? The country is in crisis and he can only resort to the smart-arsed gombeen-man retorts. I do not want to wait til the next general election to get rid of this shower....it is beyond time we stood up and demanded the leaders we so badly need.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Taxipete29

Everytime Willie O'Dea is on Q+A he attacks the oppostion member in this fashion. He defends the indefensible. He produced tonight FG promises from 3 years ago about spending wtf??? How is this helping to solve the current crisis

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Taxipete29 wrote: »
    Everytime Willie O'Dea is on Q+A he attacks the oppostion member in this fashion. He defends the indefensible. He produced tonight FG promises from 3 years ago about spending wtf??? How is this helping to solve the current crisis

Just look at the guy, Groucho Marx lookalike, only Marx was funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭fionnmar

Taxipete29 wrote: »

Exactly. The country is in crisis yet he obviously had some minnow in his department looking for some line so he could look like the big man. This is real life, people are in trouble, and literally they do nothing while rome, or ireland, burns. I am ready for marching, for doing whatever the hell it takes to get them out. they make me sick. and the worst of it is, i am paying his wages and unreceipted expenses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

This was the lowest I have ever seen Willie O Dea. He was the "funny man" between 2002-2007, but now he is just an asshole. His single minded mantra was to attack Fine Gael's record, and spout "his belief" about Cowan's leadership, and the potential success of social partnership. He offered nothing in the way of constructive solutions.

Fair play to Hobbs and Leahy, both put in competent performances, and rightfully scolded the Minister.

Varadkar didnt take the chance that was handed to him on a plate.

Another failed show.

P.S Can we have a Questions and Answers thread each week ???

• Registered Users Posts: 40 moose52c

I think they should come out (Cowen) and say right the country is F##K its going to be hard times. If each party fight for position with each other that will not help our poor country. We need our elected members all to stand together and try to sort out Ireland FAST. Action and information is what Joe Soap wants! I think?..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Boss_man

I think that both Willy and the FG deputy Vradker or whatever his name is were awful. It is a disgrace that they are playing party politics at this stage.
    Solutions need to be found. If we do not get our countries finances in order, people will stop lending to us. This could be in as little as six months, depending on what happens to our banks. So the time to act is now.

There should be no playing down the crises. There should be serious debate as to where to find cuts.

IMO I believe that FF know that the long term cuts required, say €10 billion, assumming the economy picks up somewhat, are so big that it can't all be swallowed in one go. People need time to take the cuts in bits and pieces. Otherwise they will just go insane and stop spending on everything but essentials which will kill the economy. Furthermore, they need to show they are engaged in the partnership process. Because unions, as unreasonable as they are will go on strike and break the country otherwise. We can't afford that either.

I propose new ways to deal with the problem. A national savings bond. Better still, a new currency, on top of the euro with purple notes - which much be spent within a certain timeframe - say 6mnths. And devalue each day they rest in your account. Print €1bn of this to start. Then watch the money move...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

No wonder the country is in a mess and there's no show of leadership from our government if that's the way FF ministers carry on, if I want to see that sort of carry on I go to a school playground :rolleyes: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

O' Dea is FF's one man buffer zone. He always gets sent out to take the initial flak.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

I would term him a TIT (Totally Incompetent Twat).

Now I may get warned for not being nice to FF ministers, but for God's sake he is an awful eejit, a thundering fool who smirks under the moustache when he is being lambasted for being part of the most incompetent governments we have ever had.

Varadker was poor I thought but I loved the way wee Eddie had a go at the guy in the audience about how public servants were being carried by private sector workers.

PS so much for the great wonderful partnership talks :rolleyes:
    Now maybe the government will discover what it is like to actually make a decision on their own :mad:
    Imagine the scene at the cabinet meeting today...
    They are probably first working out how many votes the groups they target will cost them and then drawing straws to see who goes out to take the flak.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Lplated

Could circa 19,000 people in Limerick possibly be wrong?

Remember this 'smart assed gombeen' is one of the most prolific vote getters in the country. And he's not the only 'smart assed gombeen' in cabinet nor in the Dail.

There's a quote somewhere about a people getting the government it deserves. We (collectively, certainly not me) voted for the clowns, now we get to enjoy the circus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Couldnt believe Willie O'Dea's behaviour last night. The man is such a scumbag. Him and Leo shouting each other down and the fcking country in bits. Its disgraceful. Bowman was no better either. He let O'Dea get away with what he was saying (especially that talking out of 3 faces remark) too easily.

Even though I dont always agree with Eddie Hobbs he was right when he said the 'pissing contest' remark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭nhughes100

Willie is always wheeled out during a crisis, he loves taking the flak and giving it and he seems to hope that a row will draw attention away from the real issue.

Eddie Hobbs did his usual public sector bashing, I had to turn off when he said "every 5 private sector workers carry 1 public sector worker" The language he uses is just so offensive, he also said people like him in the private sector were feeling the pain, what is his show not selling out so fast in Vicar street? Was his show on RTE cancelled? Is he taking the token10% RTE paycut?

Varadker is FG's Conor Lenihen, keeps putting his foot in it and can't debate seriously.

Lplated wrote: »

ya..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

I loved the way that Vradkar said that O Dea and the Tainiste's visit to Dell HQ was a waste of taxpayers money (cant remember the direct quote)but it was funny as O Dea got cross.

O Dea is a stupid s**h. Always sent out when the govt is in trouble. Coming out with fast criticism and statements of the opposition's policies and yet doesnt realise that his party is responsible for this country's mess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭juuge

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    Just look at the guy, Groucho Marx lookalike, only Marx was funny.
    Just think about it....would you employ the likes of little Willie O'Dea, Brian Cowen or jackie Healy-Rae to represent your company? They are a joke and a sick one at that, and yeah the 'thick' paddys still vote them in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Lplated wrote: »

YES.

But hopefully no more, since he chose to shaft the Mid-West on the Aer Lingus Shannon-Heathrow issue with the rest of the Fianna Failures.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭nhughes100

O'Dea's vote is typical of petty minded local politics. He no doubt claimed he was personally responsible for Dell going to Limerick and for Shannon airport and soon enough the rumours start that without Willie O'Dea them buggers in Dublin would have all the jobs up there. In short you reap what you sow.

Advertisement