Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sinn Fein these days

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Irlbo wrote: »
    What we really dont need Fred are corrupt,useless political parties who cant properly maintain the country within government and profess to be republican but in reality pander to Britain
    How the feck do FF pander to Britain??

Right now the country needs firm leadership and good economic guidance. Don' ask me where that is going to come from because I don't know. If you tax the multinationals out of Ireland, what have we got left? From what I have seen of Sinn Fein policies, there is nothing there that fills me with confidence. I don't dobt their intentions, it is their abilty I would question

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Irlbo

grahamo wrote: »
    What a dumb thing to say:)
    Hopefully the shinners give all you middle class eejits a shock next time when the working class vote them in :D

HERE HERE,they be all running to Dun Laoghaire to get the boat to England,lol

HERE HERE,they be all running to Dun Laoghaire to get the boat to England,lol

You laugh, but if that is the case then I suggest you get your potato growing skills up to scratch, you are going to need them.

You laugh, but if that is the case then I suggest you get your potato growing skills up to scratch, you are going to need them.

Im a simple man,growing potatoes would suit me perfectly,people here take things too seriously,if they were to relax and not worry about sh*te that they dont need to worry about then we'd all be better off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Im a simple man,growing potatoes would suit me perfectly,people here take things too seriously,if they were to relax and not worry about sh*te that they dont need to worry about then we'd all be better off

Is it middle class to want to have more than spuds on the plate and worry about having a few bob in the bank?

• Advertisement

Nodin wrote: »
    Is it middle class to want to have more than spuds on the plate and worry about having a few bob in the bank?

No but its middle class to want all the spuds on your plate and have a hefty bank balance at the expense of everyone who has nothing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ionix5891

just read the thread starters link to their web site

so let me get this straight

they screamed during the Lisbon vote that EU *might* raise corpo tax but yet they "want" to increase corp taxes alot it as per their strategy

woa they are crazier than i taught

low corpo tax is the last remaining thing holding companies here especially in these tough times

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭grahamo

No but its middle class to want all the spuds on your plate and have a hefty bank balance at the expense of everyone who has nothing

Well Said. A lot of people don't have money in the bank and never have. They live from week to week. How many of the posters on here who claim to be 'hardworking' have actually done a days graft on a building site? These are the people who have got the country up off its knees during the hard times of the 80's and got feck all for their troubles.

The people who got this country off its knees were the German and British tax payers who paid for all these building projects.

grahamo wrote: »
    Well Said. A lot of people don't have money in the bank and never have. They live from week to week. How many of the posters on here who claim to be 'hardworking' have actually done a days graft on a building site? These are the people who have got the country up off its knees during the hard times of the 80's and got feck all for their troubles.

yes the builders and their politician buddies have got us into a great economic situation, just wonderful

now were in a situation that makes the 80s look good

http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0204/employment.html

• Advertisement

just read

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/financial-crisis/83642bn-cuts-cowen-lays-it-on-the-line-1626313.html

45K :eek: average pay for public sector, holly crap! :eek: :eek: no wonder were screwed, theres me thinking i was doing well by getting paid 30K (22K after all taxes, and VAT would apply on rest :( ) after slaving for a year trying to grow own business

the "people who built this country" are seriously considering leaving :mad:

ionix5891 wrote: »
    yes the builders and their politician buddies have got us into a great economic situation, just wonderful

now were in a situation that makes the 80s look good

http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0204/employment.html

You are confusing the workers with management here. I'm talking about the tradesmen and labourers, the people who do all the actual grafting.These people certainly did not cause this economic mess

The people who got this country off its knees were the German and British tax payers who paid for all these building projects.

Which will no doubt be paid back with interest by the people of my childrens generation:)

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭stakey

They are in government in the 6 counties ffs.

That's hardly experience. Since its foundation the assembly has spent more time being suspended than it has spent in session. They run an economy that is financed hugely by the British government and with 63% of the people working in the public sector Sinn Fein wouldn't know how to manage a large private sector economy.

Sinn Fein (and the other Northern Irish political parties) have absolutely no idea how to run a country. At least Labour and Fine Gael have actually had time in government making important decisions that aren't based on rediculous things like what flag flies over a building.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

What do ya reckon 3 or 4 seats in the next Dail (max).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭akaredtop

Hopefully no seats.

In Dublin they will win a seat in every constituency except for the Westbrit constituency:D

Oh look, how original. Better vote sinn fein boys otherwise you're a west brit. Nice demonstration of why people don't vote for them

Oh look, how original. Better vote sinn fein boys otherwise you're a west brit. Nice demonstration of why people don't vote for them

god help us if sein fein come in power :eek: these people are clueless

• Registered Users Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭yomchi

The statement that Sinn Fein have a mandate about crime is what I find ironic given their links to the PIRA and how it has funded itself.

Thats why I find it IRONIC.

The IRA has removed itself from the equation. It has declared its war is over and has put it's weapons beyond use.
    But bear this in mind, ever since the formation of the IRA it has funded itself the exact same way most revolutionary armies have, even Michael Collins robbed post offices. Sinn Féin are a legitimate registered political party on the island of Ireland. They are not the IRA. Therefore there is no irony, they are completely entitled to have a policy -not a mandate as you put it - on crime. Let's not slip back in the old days of blaiming republicans on the rain.
    ionix5891 wrote: »
    god help us if sein fein come in power :eek: these people are clueless

Yeh I hope that party never get in, who ever sein fein happen to be :confused:

Sinn Féin will eventually end up in a coalition government, with a party and at a time that suits their over all strategy. Sure, they have not much experience, but experience can be gained.

• Advertisement

If sinn fein ger rid of gerry or martin mc then mayne, just maybe they will be taken seriousley

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Soldie

Jon wrote: »
    Sinn Féin are a legitimate registered political party on the island of Ireland. They are not the IRA.

It's a bit rich to suggest that Sinn Féin have distanced themselves from their past when they still have the likes of Gerry Adams as the party's leader.

Soldie wrote: »
    It's a bit rich to suggest that Sinn Féin have distanced themselves from their past when they still have the likes of Gerry Adams as the party's leader.

um, I didn't suggest they have distanced themselves from their past. Sinn Féin are the oldest political party in Irish history. What are you getting at exactly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Serenity Now!

But bear this in mind, ever since the formation of the IRA it has funded itself the exact same way most revolutionary armies have, even Michael Collins robbed post offices. Sinn Féin are a legitimate registered political party on the island of Ireland. They are not the IRA. Therefore there is no irony, they are completely entitled to have a policy -not a mandate as you put it - on crime

Bollocks. I've never once seen Sinn Fein condemn PIRA criminal activities. Not once.
    Try to justify it all you like though. Makes your post all the more ironic.

If sinn fein ger rid of gerry or martin mc then mayne, just maybe they will be taken seriousley

Taken seriously?

4 TD's, 5 MP's, 30 odd MLA's with ministerial positions, 2 MEP's, one Senator and hundreds of councillors across the island - not taken seriously by who exactly?
    Honestly folks, this thread has a very definte dearth of political awareness when it comes to SF. Posters are just throwing out opinion which is not based on any real fact. Nobody is really debating policy, strategy or even the reality of where we're at in terms of SF and their future in govt.

So Fratton Fred, why do you think SF would be taken more seriously if the likes of Adams or McGuinness were not leaders?
    Should I prempt your response? Will it be 'oh because they're in the big bad IRA' or is it simply it's because they're from the North of the country?

Bollocks. I've never once seen Sinn Fein condemn PIRA criminal activities. Not once.
    Try to justify it all you like though. Makes your post all the more ironic.

What's your point?
    The IRA were involved in an armed campaign against the British or are you overly influenced by Margaret Thatcher?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

What's your point?
    The IRA were involved in an armed campaign against the British or are you overly influenced by Margaret Thatcher?

Armed Campaign, what does that mean?

I can see FF/SF and Labour.

Thing is, if FF are decimated, would FG take SF?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Serenity Now!

What's your point?
    Whats my point?? lol

Crime didn't bother Sinn Féin, the PIRA's political wing, then but nowadays, according to their policy manifesto its apparently a bad thing that they want to tackle.
    Don't tell me...they've a policy on double standards and hypocrisy too?

K-9 wrote: »
    Armed Campaign, what does that mean?

I can see FF/SF and Labour.

Thing is, if FF are decimated, would FG take SF?

You're joking...right?

SF will never enter coalition with FF or FG, possibly labour. It is written into the SF constitution that a special Árd Fheis must ratify any decision to enter into coalition with any party. SF members in my opinion would not support a coalition with either FF or FG.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Fine "lets consider joining the Commonwealth" Gael?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Advertisement