Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sinn Fein these days

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Irlbo wrote: »
    And what nationality would you regard yourself?

Jedi Knight...

Sorry, that's religion, I'm English.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Irlbo

Jedi Knight...

Sorry, that's religion, I'm English.

So obviously you'd be a tad bias?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

And what nationality would you regard yourself?

Why ask Fratton Fred his Nationality? I'm not 'English' but I agree with an awful lot of what he has to say including his views on Maggie.

So obviously you'd be a tad bias?

What, about the political wing of a bunch of scumbags who came to my country killing innocent people?

not at all :D

I can't disassociate Sinn Fein from the IRA. Maybe it is because I grew up watching their leader refusing to condemn terrorist attrocities time and time again, but, remove the current leadership and i believe there are a few very good politicians underneath, but nearly all their policies have the same objective in mind, unification of Ireland.

Free Healthcare is one of the biggest issues with regards unification, which is why Sinn fein are campaigning for it. I thought it was political genius by the DUP to bring in free prescriptions in NI, SF could not argue as it is a clear objective of their's, yet it creates a bigger divide between living in Ireland as opposed to the UK.

In addition, SF has to be considered a left wing party, otherwise it could very easily attract a right wing nationalist following which has never really been tolerated in Ireland.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against unification, when the time is right. but to me, sinn fein are still very much a one trick pony.

I agree with nearly all you say fratton fred above apart from the 'unification bit' which I slightly disagree with. Personally think its a good thing for Ireland to have two parts 'Two Juristictions' with two Economies & two Nationalities, Swings & Roundabouts on the one island is good for all, (not that we appreciate it) and who are Sinn Fein to say otherwise!

I'm off to Enniskillen on Sarturday to spend over €1000 and save €300 in the process, and next year the Nordies will be down here spending GBPs in Dublin ~ nice :))

Sinn Fein can never force a so called 'united ireland', but if it happens 'organically' then so be it .....

• Advertisement

What, about the political wing of a bunch of scumbags who came to my country killing innocent people?

not at all :D

I can't disassociate Sinn Fein from the IRA. Maybe it is because I grew up watching their leader refusing to condemn terrorist attrocities time and time again, but, remove the current leadership and i believe there are a few very good politicians underneath, but nearly all their policies have the same objective in mind, unification of Ireland.

Free Healthcare is one of the biggest issues with regards unification, which is why Sinn fein are campaigning for it. I thought it was political genius by the DUP to bring in free prescriptions in NI, SF could not argue as it is a clear objective of their's, yet it creates a bigger divide between living in Ireland as opposed to the UK.

In addition, SF has to be considered a left wing party, otherwise it could very easily attract a right wing nationalist following which has never really been tolerated in Ireland.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against unification, when the time is right. but to me, sinn fein are still very much a one trick pony.
    As opposed to the murdering opressive bunch that is your country that came here murdering,imprisoning and enforcing your culture on my country,and are still here!.............................will you stop with the victim mentality,your country needs to take responsibility for its actions,if they had of left along time ago,it wouldnt have come to bombs and shootings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ionix5891

As opposed to the murdering opressive bunch that is your country that came here murdering,imprisoning and enforcing your culture on my country,and are still here!.............................will you stop with the victim mentality,your country needs to take responsibility for its actions,if they had of left along time ago,it wouldnt have come to bombs and shootings

and none of that matters in 21st century europe, hell the french and the germans made up and they were at each other for wee bit longer

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Soldie

These types of posts genuinely make me cringe. Don't you think it's time to move on?

turgon wrote: »
    Sinn Fein know they will never get into government, so they can afford to have these blown out unworkable measures that nonetheless appeal to their mostly dumb working class base and their northern patriots.

And I dont care that its not PC to say that, but its true.

way to prove a point for someone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

if they had of left along time ago,it wouldnt have come to bombs and shootings

Yes it would have.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement

,if they had of left along time ago,it wouldnt have come to bombs and shootings

If they had left a long time ago ..................

Who are 'they' ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

ionix5891 wrote: »
    and none of that matters in 21st century europe, hell the french and the germans made up and they were at each other for wee bit longer

None of it matters? Tell that to John Kelly who I spoke to at the Free Derry museum a only a few days ago, who's brother was murdered in cold blood by British troops - to which the same troops were given a free ride, and got away with it scot free.

None of these areas might matter to you, but they matter to the families who have not received an apology from the British Government, and have not received justice for the cold blooded murder of their family members.

dlofnep wrote: »
    None of it matters? Tell that to John Kelly who I spoke to at the Free Derry museum a only a few days ago, who's brother was murdered in cold blood by British troops - to which the same troops were given a free ride, and got away with it scot free.

None of these areas might matter to you, but they matter to the families who have not received an apology from the British Government, and have not received justice for the cold blooded murder of their family members.

20 million Russians were murdered by the Germans last century in certain WW2, NI is small fish on the European scale of things, as I said the rest of the continent got past their differences

As for Mr. Kelly I presume hes a Christian (religion was used as a divider as well up there), doesn't Jebus say something about forgiveness and turning other cheek

an eye for eye attitude and nationalism is dangerous, just look at Middle East lately

As for Mr. Kelly I presume hes a Christian (religion was used as a divider as well up there), doesn't Jebus say something about forgiveness and turning other cheek

I'm not sure what religious background he has. It's irrelevant. His brother was shot dead by British troops, and an apology was never offered, and they were never brought to justice.

I'd imagine your tone would be a little different if your brother was murdered in cold blood by British troops, who then got away with it scot-free, and in some cases even received promotions. Of course you would, but it might just actually AFFECT you.

Soldie wrote: »
    These types of posts genuinely make me cringe. Don't you think it's time to move on?

The only time we can move on is when the British government withdraw entirely from the six counties

I'm not sure what religious background he has. It's irrelevant. His brother was shot dead by British troops, and an apology was never offered, and they were never brought to justice.

I'd imagine your tone would be a little different if your brother was murdered in cold blood by British troops, who then got away with it scot-free, and in some cases even received promotions. Of course you would, but it might just actually AFFECT you.

alot of members on one side of my family were butchered in WW2 so stfu, as i said get over it, an eye for eye attitude wont get anyone far

if this guy wants to dwell on the past then fine thats his choice, any political party thats bases its whole policy one one single issue thats largely irrelevant in modern day ireland is doomed for failure

as i said before SF dont have a good economic policy that would help people (thats whats in top of peoples mind now not the 6 counties, just go and open a newspaper) and the whole NI issue is moot unless you were directly affected by it (and not alot of people here in South were)

Camelot wrote: »
    If they had left a long time ago ..................

Who are 'they' ?

'They' are Britain and its tentacles that occupy this country

'They' are the Britain and its tentacles that occupy this country

go to any pub, Seems alot of our population dont mind watching and supporting these "tentacles" kick a ball around a field :rolleyes:

once again the whole NI issue is not an issue anymore to most people

alot of members on one side of my family were butchered in WW2 so stfu, as i said get over it, an eye for eye attitude wont get anyone far

How old are you? Did you ever meet any of these members of your family?

There is a big difference between members of your family dieing in a war nearly 70 years ago that you have never met, and having your 17 year old brother who was a civilian gunned down on the streets for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

LOL @ you thinking that this man does not have the right to pursue justice for his kid brother who was shot dead for no other reason than living.
    if this guy wants to dwell on the past then fine thats his choice,

"Dwell in the past". :rolleyes: Oh I'm sure he just loves dwelling on the idea of his brother's death. Get a grip. He wants justice for the murder of his brother, which British troops killed, but got away with Scot free behind the protection of the British government.
    any political party thats bases its whole policy one one single issue thats largely irrelevant in modern day ireland is doomed for failure

Sinn Féin's policies do not revolve around one single issue. I'm not sure what party you are referring to.

Sinn Féin's policies do not revolve around one single issue. I'm not sure what party you are referring to.

ok then why did you not answer the questions posed by me about Sein Feins (contradictory) economic policy twice in this thread and why did this thread devolve into NI issue so quickly

• Advertisement

So mr Adams, what are sinn fein going to do to get ireland out of the Financial mess?

Well, brits out, illegal occupation, free the columbian three,

yes mr adams, but what about bailing out the banks?

My uncle's cat's father in law was run over by a snatch landrover - free the occupied 6 counties

yes mr adams, the recession?

err....I was never in Derry at the time and the accusations are completely false??

OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭José Alaninho

ok then why did you not answer the questions posed by me about Sein Feins (contradictory) economic policy twice in this thread and why did this thread devolve into NI issue so quickly

Forgive my ignorance but who the hell are Sein Fein? Sound like a terrible party altogether. Lucky I vote Sinn Féin...

Forgive my ignorance but who the hell are Sein Fein? Sound like a terrible party altogether. Lucky I vote Sinn Féin...

tómato tomató :)

i will refer to them as SF from now on as i type to quickly :)

in meantime feel free to address the concerns about SF economic policy brought up several times in this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Jaysus, the above would apply to the McCartney family too, just substitute a few names.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

'They' are Britain and its tentacles that occupy this country

'Britains and its tentacles' being the British populous of Northern Ireland ?

'Britains and its tentacles' being the British populous of Northern Ireland ?

No I mean Britain and its tentacles as in the British army,RUC/PSNI,loyalist pograms and the like

No I mean Britain and its tentacles as in the British army,RUC/PSNI,loyalist pograms and the like

You want the Police & the Army to leave NI ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭José Alaninho

You want the Police & the Army to leave NI ?

....eh.... yes? I was under the impression that was one of the main aims of republicanism? :rolleyes:

...eh.... What? I thought Sinn Fein now supported the Police & the Army :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

ànd you propose our overstretched garda takeover their job? why should my tax money be wasted in this manner

Advertisement