Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sinn Fein these days

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭José Alaninho

Camelot wrote: »
    ...eh.... What? I thought Sinn Fein now supported the Police & the Army :rolleyes:

We do indeed support an impartial, non-sectarian police force, which thankfully the PSNI is getting ever closer to being.

But in no circumstances will we ever support the presence of British troops in Ireland; don't know where you pulled that one out of....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

I suspect there must ba a peacetime garrison of approx 5000 troops, just in case of public disorder/ external terrorist threat/ natural disaster, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Irlbo

Camelot wrote: »
    ...eh.... What? I thought Sinn Fein now supported the Police & the Army :rolleyes:

Who said I was Sinn Fein,Im not Sinn Fein,and yes I want rid of the Brit Army and the British imposed security services and if it was possible depose the establishment in the 26 counties,especially the Gardai and the 'Defence' Forces

We do indeed support an impartial, non-sectarian police force, which thankfully the PSNI is getting ever closer to being.

But in no circumstances will we ever support the presence of British troops in Ireland; don't know where you pulled that one out of....

You should support no British elements within Ireland,PSNI/RUC included

Irlbo wrote: »

Hilarious :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭José Alaninho

Man, maybe you should attack those who want to totally discredit republicanism as a whole, rather than a fellow republican who simply disagrees with you as to the means of achieving our aims? Just a suggestion.

Edit: you're simply giving ammunition to the likes of Camelot... see?

Man, maybe you should attack those who want to totally discredit republicanism as a whole, rather than a fellow republican who simply disagrees with you as to the means of achieving our aims? Just a suggestion.

I put Sinn Fein into the bracket of those who discredit republicanism as a whole be honest,but as a former member I respect anyone that remains with the party,I just dont give them anytime anymore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

ionix5891 wrote: »

they dont have an economic policy, simple as that

their policy is adding the population of 1million in the 6 counties (poorest part of UK, a welfare state, and huge public sector) to our existing huge public sector and 400,000 unemployed :mad:

Hold on, they either have a policy or they don't, which is it?
    Your second point I quoted is such a huge generalisation, and I imagine you're trying to make the point that unification would be an overnight process, which it won't, that would be illogical. But I'd say you very well know that, but you'll swing and twist it to make it sound like a lunatic idea.

As for your first point, I'll admit, and have no problem admitting be it here or on the doorsteps, economics isn't a strongpoint. But when the time comes, I am very confident we will have an economic policy that serves all, I can guarantee that.
    Sinn Fein are a very local party and have been for a long time. If you're not happy with our eocnomic policy just don't vote, don't go about childishly slagging the party and such.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ionix5891

Hold on, they either have a policy or they don't, which is it?
    Your second point I quoted is such a huge generalisation, and I imagine you're trying to make the point that unification would be an overnight process, which it won't, that would be illogical. But I'd say you very well know that, but you'll swing and twist it to make it sound like a lunatic idea.

As for your first point, I'll admit, and have no problem admitting be it here or on the doorsteps, economics isn't a strongpoint. But when the time comes, I am very confident we will have an economic policy that serves all, I can guarantee that.
    Sinn Fein are a very local party and have been for a long time. If you're not happy with our eocnomic policy just don't vote, don't go about childishly slagging the party and such.

they dont have a policy, what i outlined is not a policy its a joke, one would think they would get their act together this is a great opportunity to beat the existing government on a good economic policy, but its seems all SF and their cronies care about are the 6 counties not the people down here who might vote for them, this is a disaster

and yet again can someone from SF address the question that was raised several times on this thread about the contradiction in your position on raising taxes

an no ive no intention of voting for SF (i tried to keep an open mind but some of the posts in this thread made up my mind) since no one so far was able to address the concerns raised here and instead turned the thread into nationalistic frackfest over the 6 counties

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

What we really dont need Fred are corrupt,useless political parties who cant properly maintain the country within government and profess to be republican but in reality pander to Britain

Agreed 100%.

But what we really don't need either is a corrupt political party that refuses to recognise the Gardai and the Army, that professes to be republican but in reality panders to the extremists and helped make the word "republican" a dirty word because of its association with crime and violence.

• Advertisement

ionix5891 wrote: »
    ànd you propose our overstretched garda takeover their job? why should my tax money be wasted in this manner

Fair point; they're overworked already, especially since certain events in Adare ended the career of one Gda McCabe.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭yomchi

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Agreed 100%.

But what we really don't need either is a corrupt political party that refuses to recognise the Gardai and the Army, that professes to be republican but in reality panders to the extremists and helped make the word "republican" a dirty word because of its association with crime and violence.

LOL.
    Another opinion taken from the media. Man, get your own opinion but base it on some facts...PLEASE!!

PLEASE. PLEASE, PLEASE EXPLAIN and tell us where you heard Sinn Féin do not recognise the Gardai - this is not 1921 ffs!!
    Sinn Féin councillors and elected reps the length and breadth of the southern state work closely with the Gardai at all levels of community projects and beyond.

Number 2 - PLEASE EXPLAIN how Sinn Féin panders to 'extremists' - I can't wait to hear your explanation of this. Seeing it was Sinn Féin who brought the IRA to where it is now - out of the equation with a complete military cessation with a policy of peaceful political means - Is that completely lost on you???

The word Republicanism is only a dirty word to you because you allow someone with an agenda dictate your opinion.

Jeez this thread is ridiculous beyond belief.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Jon wrote: »
    LOL.
    Another opinion taken from the media. Man, get your own opinion but base it on some facts...PLEASE!!

PLEASE. PLEASE, PLEASE EXPLAIN and tell us where you heard Sinn Féin do not recognise the Gardai - this is not 1921 ffs!!
    Sinn Féin councillors and elected reps the length and breadth of the southern state work closely with the Gardai at all levels of community projects and beyond.

Number 2 - PLEASE EXPLAIN how Sinn Féin panders to 'extremists' - I can't wait to hear your explanation of this. Seeing it was Sinn Féin who brought the IRA to where it is now - out of the equation with a complete military cessation with a policy of peaceful political means - Is that completely lost on you???

The word Republicanism is only a dirty word to you because you allow someone with an agenda dictate your opinion.

Might come from the Garda McCabe murder and other murders of Gardai and Army officers in armed robberies.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    Might come from the Garda McCabe murder and other murders of Gardai and Army officers in armed robberies.

Might??
    Try not to confuse the thread more than it is.

Sinn Féin killed no Gardai or Amry personel. What was suggested was that SF do not recognise the Gardai or the Army, stick to the point... if you can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

I'm not a Shinner, but what relevence is Gerry McCabe to whether SF recognise the Gardai and Army or not?

I'm not a Shinner, but what relevence is Gerry McCabe to whether SF recognise the Gardai and Army or not?

Shows you the real respect they have for them, not some official party line.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Might??
    Try not to confuse the thread more than it is.

Sinn Féin killed no Gardai or Amry personel. What was suggested was that SF do not recognise the Gardai or the Army, stick to the point... if you can.

Maybe they shouldn't have campaigned for their early release.

Stop trying to dismiss points that don't suit you.

LOL.

Oh, so MY opinion is just taken from the media, then ? What a load of bollox! :mad:

I guess it has nothing to do with my being a college mate of the son of someone shot by thugs that SF then campaigned for their release ? Naw - I mean, that'd shoot down your patronising and dismissive statement on the spot, so it couldn't be true ? Me form my own opinions based on direct experience ? Imagine that!

See above. Scum that shoot innocent people are scum, and the people who condone and campaign for them are scum.

Now, do you want to continue that line of crap - now that you know EXACTLY why I (that's "I", "ME", not the media, not something I heard or was told to think) know it's been turned into a dirty word ?

Any republicans that DON'T condone murdering innocents, I'll respect; anyone that DOES has turned the word into something that normal people have to disassociate themselves from.

Agreed, considering the patronising crap you posted above, implying that my opinion is somehow "dictated" just because it disagrees with yours.....what absolute rubbish! :rolleyes:

Lemme see....I s'pose I could equally suggest that you've been brainwashed, but then I've more respect for people than to jump to crap patronising and dismissive conclusions just because people have a different viewpoint to me.

If you want to discuss this further, fire away, but quit resorting to the ignorant, patronising "I know better and you're a media sheep" rubbish.

Any republicans that DON'T condone murdering innocents, I'll respect; anyone that DOES has turned the word into something that normal people have to disassociate themselves from.

Agreed, considering the patronising crap you posted above, implying that my opinion is somehow "dictated" just because it disagrees with yours.....what absolute rubbish! :rolleyes:

Lemme see....I s'pose I could equally suggest that you've been brainwashed, but then I've more respect for people than to jump to crap patronising and dismissive conclusions just because people have a different viewpoint to me.

If you want to discuss this further, fire away, but quit resorting to the ignorant, patronising "I know better and you're a media sheep" rubbish.

Agreed. I've no problem condemning the Brits, PSNI, Guards etc. if they feck up, no problem condemning the McCabe murderers either.

I try and avoid double standards if I can, like diesel smuggling is ok as it only hurts the tax man, yet supporting parties that advocate raising taxes at the same time, as some did in another thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭TOMASJ

I guess it has nothing to do with my being a college mate of the son of someone shot by thugs that SF then campaigned for their release ? Naw - I mean, that'd shoot down your patronising and dismissive statement on the spot, so it couldn't be true ? Me form my own opinions based on direct experience ? Imagine that!
    Their are a lot of republican people in the six counties who had closer relations than a college mates dad murdered, the murdering scum responsible for those killings were never even questioned let alone jailed, in fact in a few cases they were promoted to a higher rank in their regiment,one is actually now seeking compensation for his part in the murder of two teenagers,
    at least those who killed Garda McCabe went to jail for that shooting.
    Scum that shoot innocent people are scum, and the people who condone and campaign for them are scum.
    does that include british army regiments involved in the murder of innocent people in the six counties, Iraq, and Afghanistan,. and by association the british government and their supporters.

• Advertisement

TOMASJ wrote: »
    the murdering scum responsible for those killings were never even questioned let alone jailed, in fact in a few cases they were promoted to a higher rank in their regiment,one is actually now seeking compensation for his part in the murder of two teenagers,

You sure that doesn't apply to an IRA murderer.

Not forgetting the High Priest of Irish Republicanism, the 'Davros' of Sinn Fein, the Almighty IRA Demigod, the bearded commander of his black beret wearing Volunteers, the Supreme Republican, who carried many a coffin of dead Bombers after failed & successful 'Missions', hence the metaphorical whiff of sulphur off his tweed 'smoking' jacket ;))

Of course, these days he is just the President of SF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Erin Go Brath

Agreed 100%.

Wrong on a lot of counts here.
    SF are a democratic party who recognise both the Gardai and the Army.
    I also fail to see how SF pander to extremists. SF have moved to a place where they recognise the Police force in the north, which a few years ago would have been unthinkable. Extremist Republicans most certainly do not recognise the police force of the 6 counties and heavily criticise SF for doing so. So your assertion that SF pander to extremists is bizarre to say the least.

SF have embraced the constitutional nationalist position and have for some time not that some would give them the credit for these steps though. If it wasn't for Adams the 6 counties would be far more unstable than it is today, and "the troubles" would still be ongoing imo. Its a lot easier to come with trite, hackneyed, well-worn rheotric against the party the media loves to hate than to accept the progress it is has made towards bringing peace to Ireland it would appear.

If you want to discuss this further, fire away, but quit resorting to the ignorant, patronising "I know better and you're a media sheep" rubbish

I'm sorry you happened to be in college with someone who was a relative of someone who was shot. I'd rather not draw similarties on that one...

What about the rest of your points you made inaccurately, which I've read straight out of the Indo?

Agreed. I've no problem condemning the Brits, PSNI, Guards etc. if they feck up, no problem condemning the McCabe murderers either.

I try and avoid double standards if I can, like diesel smuggling is ok as it only hurts the tax man, yet supporting parties that advocate raising taxes at the same time, as some did in another thread.

Jeez. That was me, you can say it was me, I don't mind :rolleyes:

What do you get for your taxes my friend? We used to have a national airline, we used to have free bin collection, we used to have low TV licenses, we used to have a health system that wasn't bolloxed as it is now, we used to take pride in our public services. Now, we have F all. We pay taxes to pay our politicians salaries while our public services are diminished and sold off to big business - any tax man in this climate is the equivelant of Dick Turpin, without the mask.

If you understood left wing fiscal policy you'd understand why taxes would increase, the amount of public services offered by the state would increase, free bin collection, national services including the airline (now being shagged anally by business men) free healthcare, free education, NO 3rd level fees... you see where this is going? This is what is meant by the term -Republic, as in, for the people, by the people. You wouldn't be paying taxes for some gombeens luxury merc.

See the contradictions in your post now?

Agreed 100%.

In what regard are Sinn Fein corrupt,they werent the ones passing round brown envelopes to property developers,infact I would regard Sinn Fein the least corrupt party in the dail,and you may regard the IRA and republicans extremists who dont recognise the 26 county establishment,and why should they the IRA and the republican movement,but why should they,the IRA and the republican movement is older the the 26 county establish,there is a mandate that says the IRA is the legitimate government of Ireland...................and you talk about crime,what crime do you speak of,most of those kind of allegations is aload of old rubbish sprouted by the Sunday World and its elk,only gobsh*tes believe anything written in these rags

What do you get for your taxes my friend? We used to have a national airline, we used to have free bin collection, we used to have low TV licenses, we used to have a health system that wasn't bolloxed as it is now, we used to take pride in our public services. Now, we have F all. We pay taxes to pay our politicians salaries while our public services are diminished and sold off to big business - any tax man in this climate is the equivelant of Dick Turpin, without the mask.

If you understood left wing fiscal policy you'd understand why taxes would increase, the amount of public services offered by the state would increase, free bin collection, national services including the airline (now being shagged anally by business men) free healthcare, free education, NO 3rd level fees... you see where this is going? This is what is meant by the term -Republic, as in, for the people, by the people. You wouldn't be paying taxes for some gombeens luxury merc.

That makes it ok then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ionix5891

power corrupts, none of the above would happen if they ever get into power

just look how quickly the greens abandoned their principles

any party that raises the corpo tax will take the floor from under our falling economy, im still waiting on an answer to that issue but seems the thread keeps turning into shouting match over part of another country that happens to share our isle and none of the issues affecting people here in the Republic are being addressed :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

Scum that shoot innocent people are scum, and the people who condone and campaign for them are scum.

Agreed

• Advertisement

That makes it ok then.

Debater of the year.

Advertisement