Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christian Bale

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

takola wrote: »
    God, wouldn't you just love to beat him with a stick?

No i think Christian Bale is class. I would kill anyone who gets in his way tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭thermo66

No i think Christian Bale is class. I would kill anyone who gets in his way tbh
    never liked him anyway. Don't think he's the best batman, the stupid voice he puts on is just distracting but this is shocking. What a a**hole!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Stargal wrote: »
    /groan
    I said sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭jane86

He says how the DoP is being unprofessional but it sounds like Christian actually physically goes for him. :eek: Terrible!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

To be honest you can see where he is coming from. For someone to be moving around in the background while you're trying to do your job it would be distracting.
    He probably didnt get his coffee in the morning either.

Give the lad a break

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

efla wrote: »
    You judge people on this?

I cant forgive American Psycho

What are you on about, American Psycho is a brilliant film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

been a fan since empire of the sun, hows that, what other films did he do back then?

he's dead on imho

• Registered Users Posts: 27,335 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

What a dick.

What if the DP actually messed up though? I would have reacted the same way given the strenuous deadlines that these productions are given.

You have to admire the way that when Christain Bale shouted at him, he only referred to things on set; "you're a nice guy but that doesn't cut it", "you and me are done professionally"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Tommy the Cat

American Psycho the film is coated in candy compared to the book.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

"No, let's not take a minute. Let's go again."

Wow, someone likes to run things.

"Doesn't know what it's like to work with actors"?
    Don't think anyone knew until we heard this tbh.

Jesus, was it that bad? The do another take. It's not like they don't do 15 takes of everything anyway.
    And his moaning didn't hold anything up rather than just get on with it? Utter moron.
    What if the DP actually messed up though? I would have reacted the same way given the strenuous deadlines that these productions are given.

You have to admire the way that when Christain Bale shouted at him, he only referred to things on set; "you're a nice guy but that doesn't cut it", "you and me are done professionally"
    Are you having a laugh?
    I wouldn't admire anyone who thinks they can speak to another person like that. He's rich talking about professionalism when he acted like that. Even if the guy did mess up your boss has no right to speak to you in that manner let alone a colleague. Which when it comes down to it they actually are; or clearly he assumes he's more important and has a right to do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭thermo66

"No, let's not take a minute. Let's go again."

Wow, someone likes to run things.

"Doesn't know what it's like to work with actors"?
    Don't think anyone knew until we heard this tbh.

Jesus, was it that bad? The do another take. It's not like they don't do 15 takes of everything anyway.
    And his moaning didn't hold anything up rather than just get on with it? Utter moron.

Are you having a laugh?
    I wouldn't admire anyone who thinks they can speak to another person like that. He's rich talking about professionalism when he acted like that. Even if the guy did mess up your boss has no right to speak to you in that manner let alone a colleague. Which when it comes down to it they actually are; or clearly he assumes he's more important and has a right to do that.
    Just read that apparently the D.P wasn't even in the background of the scene, he walked in front of the director and this distracted Bale!!! Idiot.

I agree American Psycho wasn't that great. Saw it in the cinema and while it wasn't the worst i was bored toward the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭LolaLuv

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Damnit Pilly you've runned the hawtness for me. :(

What, why? To quote SATC, it's the crazy ones that have the good pills!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

That's unbelievable. He really had a lot to get off his chest!

Poor, poor form.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

you cant threaten to beat someone despite them making a 'mistake'.
    Furthermore, he was being a total diva, saying he was gonna leave the film.
    Hes only an actor himself in the film, the director should have told him to shut up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 krust

he´s a badass

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

The director didn't seem to be in charge at all, McG says he didn't even see the DOP walk across the scene, what was he looking at in fairness? Shouldn't a director's focus be on the scene that's being shot? And shouldn't the director be the one to have pulled up a crew member disrupting shooting, rather than it being left up to an actor?

I have to admit, I giggled all the way through the clip, a video would be priceless, with all the attendant facial expressions and flapping of arms with awkward onlookers shuffling their feet and looking nonplussed.

We've all had bad days where we've just exploded, and I'm sure he was having a tough week (this happened just a few days before the incident back home with his mother, around the time of the Dark Knight premiere). Who knows, perhaps this was the upteenth time the DP had shuffled about on set and this was the last straw?

I just wish I was as coherent and together on the rare occasions when I lose the plot, instead of just roaring unintelligible random stuff and turning purple with rage.

*take notes for future reference*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭twanda

LOL! They've remixed it now :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTihsJQHt48

(probably goes without saying but don't play on speakers if you're in work...:) )

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

If the camera starts rolling it's quiet on set meaning there's no noise, movement etc. I'd be rather pissed off too if some dude is fiddling with his lights or making a comotion. I don't blame Bale for loosing the plot when trying to do his job. Actors have to wait around while lighting, sound, set, background extras, make-up/hair etc. are all adjusted so getting distracted upsets all of this and they have to start again. The director of photography should know better! The way Bale reacted was out of order but then a professional Director of Photography should know better! And it seems it wasn't the first time the DoP was messing about. Really it was up to the assistant director, not director to calm the situation. (assistant directors are the scary ones!)

I also thought you could hear Bale's English accent come out more. I thought he always sounded American, no? Like me when I curse, my Dublin accent comes out proper. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭niallk

Larianne wrote: »

I also thought you could hear Bale's English accent come out more. I thought he always sounded American, no? Like me when I curse, my Dublin accent comes out proper. :D
    Welsh, isn't he?

Superb rant btw, and the youtube remix is exquisite.

Anyone know if he's related to Gareth Bale, the Welsh Tottenham Hotspur leftback?
    They look quite similar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,341 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Just another prima donna actor.

Shows how much power these big movie stars have on set though. The director McG was there the whole time and never once intervened and the only time he said anything was when Bale asked him did he see it and he whimpered back "I didn't see anything". He should have told Bale to suck it up and STFU.

What's worse he did this in front of literally hundreds of people as there was loads of military personnel on set having to listen to his tirade of abuse. Considering it was only a couple of days before that incident with his mother and sister it's fair to say he has issues with his temper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 krust

Just another prima donna actor.

Shows how much power these big movie stars have on set though. The director McG was there the whole time and never once intervened and the only time he said anything was when Bale asked him did he see it and he whimpered back "I didn't see anything". He should have told Bale to suck it up and STFU.

What's worse he did this in front of literally hundreds of people as there was loads of military personnel on set having to listen to his tirade of abuse. Considering it was only a couple of days before that incident with his mother and sister it's fair to say he has issues with his temper.

Where have you read that there were hundreds o military personnel on set? Please provide a source.

Also, we know nothing about his family issues. And no, it´s not a couple of days since it happened. Try a good few months.

People are so quick to judge. Take a good look inside, I says.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

I wouldn't say he lost it like that on the first movie he ever made...

I really like him but think he was way out of line there, ok your man made a mistake, but Jesus what an overreaction..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,341 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

krust wrote: »
    Where have you read that there were hundreds o military personnel on set? Please provide a source.

Also, we know nothing about his family issues. And no, it´s not a couple of days since it happened. Try a good few months.

People are so quick to judge. Take a good look inside, I says.

:confused:

I'm not going looking for links for you. They are easy enough to find by yourself.

The incident on the set of Terminator 4 is reported as having occured on July 18 2008. The incident with his mother happened July 22 2008. 4 days later to be exact.

They were shooting the scene in an Air Force Base in New Mexico. Obviously there were military personnel around.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

They were shooting the scene in an Air Force Base in New Mexico. Obviously there were military personnel around.

So because it was shot in an air force base, they naturally let hundreds of soldiers just wander around the set during a scene?

Riiight.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 kittensneeze

imo, he takes himself way too seriously, is boring beyond belief, and turns out
    hes a violent scumbag. Wahaay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Larianne wrote: »

Born in Wales, moved to England grew up all around the world. He's got some wierd past, I don't know. He says he puts on the American accent in interviews and in public because he usually plays Americans/
    American Psycho the film is coated in candy compared to the book.

Starved Rat + woman's orrifice = yes, you are correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

What are you on about, American Psycho is a brilliant film.

Film? :confused::confused::confused::confused:

That was Mtvs 'day in the life of Christian Bale' by the looks of things ;)

Bale: "You think you know, but you have no idea. Ah duhh duhh!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Milly82

Who does he think he is??? The cheek of him. Lost all respect for him.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

He is such a passionate skilled talented actor

All this bad publicity isnt going to help his career

Advertisement