Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duleek village

Options
  • 03-02-2009 1:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

The pot holes all the way tru Duleek village are a bloody nightmare. The road has been dug up a few times now in the last 12 months for the laying of new sewerage pipes and the way the road tru the village has been left is absolutely disgraceful after the works. Although the amount of haulier and articulated lorries dont help, they cut tru the village towards slane (I presume) they are down right dangerous as they speed tru the village with no regard for pedestrians or other motorists trying to pass tru the village.

They are not helping the road at all as new tarmac is laid to fill in the pot holes (quick fix) it is ripped up by these heavy beasts running along the village at speed. Maybe if speed ramps at either end of the village were in place it might deter them and they could continue on down the R152 without coming tru the village(or vice versa if coming from the N2 towards Drogheda or the M1)

Just my thoughts, any one with same sentiments please reply.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Famous45

Donore Village has become the same, I believe it's the same firm who done the work and relaying in both villages. The huge pot holes in Donore towards Drogheda is scary. I've contacted the Meath County Council and LMFM but have yet to hear a response from MCC.

We are being taken for a ride in this country all of a sudden, nobody wants to do nothing for anybody anymore unless it costs something of some sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

It's the whole of Meath that's a joke! I live between Trim and Navan and back roads are an absolute disgrace. Even the roads that are busy are contantly in need of repair. They fill in the potholes and a week later they reappear.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Twigster

Summerhill is the same, and they dig that up every couple of months it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭padz

just saw this thread, yeah the roads in duleek are awfull, station road lower is particuarly bad, ull know it when u see it its got a big humps&grooves in the middle of the road, obviously u have to swing to aviod it or ur shocks are nackers, its awfull wait till someone goes in the ditch and then it will be fixed, it seams to be happen that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

golfnuts wrote: »
    The pot holes all the way tru Duleek village are a bloody nightmare. The road has been dug up a few times now in the last 12 months for the laying of new sewerage pipes and the way the road tru the village has been left is absolutely disgraceful after the works. Although the amount of haulier and articulated lorries dont help, they cut tru the village towards slane (I presume) they are down right dangerous as they speed tru the village with no regard for pedestrians or other motorists trying to pass tru the village.

They are not helping the road at all as new tarmac is laid to fill in the pot holes (quick fix) it is ripped up by these heavy beasts running along the village at speed. Maybe if speed ramps at either end of the village were in place it might deter them and they could continue on down the R152 without coming tru the village(or vice versa if coming from the N2 towards Drogheda or the M1)

Just my thoughts, any one with same sentiments please reply.

Just put a toll in the village for trucks only, 20 yoyos each way will soon get rid of them and the money collected can be used to put some proper roads in.

padz

The trick with the station road is to just drive right in the middle of the road it's not so bad on your shocks then, just make sure there's no cars coming towards u :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

My god stay away from Duleek Village or bring 2 spare wheels with you!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 vmg

Used to live in Duleek a few year back, right on the main street, the trucks never stoped all night and rattled the house when they went past foot to the floor and even back then before all the works started the main street was in crap from them, we moved

The people of Duleek should group together and stop all the heavy goods from entering the village............

Advertisement