Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i know im a chancer and would be very lucky but..

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Mobooo

Thats what i was doing in the bar last night in bridies got a few good tips as to how others got jobs but nothing very helpful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

dSTAR wrote: »
    Zambia broke it down for you right there.

[Mods] Can we have a sticky for these kinds of threads? Who cares how bad the economy is in Ireland or how much you want to come here (without the proper visas or qualification). Practically all of the Aus/NZ boardsies worked bloody hard to get here. There are NO shortcuts!

RTFM!

I wish we could but I know that would have no effect. We're still going to get threads asking how to get in the back way or how illiegal is it to overstay on my visa or use two diffferent passports to get two WHVs.

All we can do is give the same answers, get rid of the dodgier threads and ask people to read the forum charter, and you're right we did work hard to get here and there are no shortcuts. People will realise this after a short time of trying... it will only get tighter from here.

OP, best of luck in your search for some kind of internship. I know you said third years are packing shelves in Londis but keep in minf that is more than likely what you will be doing in Aus, only very far from home. I really think you're best off staying at home for your internship and trying to get something and use your WHV after college when you want to travel. You may regret going now when all your mates go off in a few years time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

gags89 wrote: »
    just a little note on inspiration for anyone i guess that is worth listening to, met a nice woman down in the local there this evening from Chicago!

Offered me a job as an intern!

Ha ok its not Oz but it just goes to show its not what you know its who you know!!

I draw alot of positives from that and incase anyone feels like aww the job hunt is going nowhere, maybe wouldnt hurt regardless to where you are to just toddle on down to your local and just get yapping to people!

Is the Internship in Chicago?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭gags89

yup!i dno if il take it or not but she lives locally now with her Irish hubby so ive got her number anyways!

Advertisement