Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a second year visa

Options
  • 03-02-2009 3:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭

Whats the story with this?

Could someone tell be of any experience they have had or reliably sourced stories they have heard.

A friend of mine wants to do it but i am worried about the risks.

PM me if you have done it and let me know what happened.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Whats the story with this?

Could someone tell be of any experience they have had or reliably sourced stories they have heard.

A friend of mine wants to do it but i am worried about the risks.

PM me if you have done it and let me know what happened.

Ring Immigration and ask them they will put you straight.

Otherwise what you are asking is not legal and you should not be asking for advice on it here?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

brendansmith, do you specifically mean purchasing a visa that normally you would have to meet certain criteria for? If so, then yes, it's illegal.

All visas have fees associated with them, but you don't really "buy" the visa, the same way you can't really "buy" a passport from a different country.

Can you be more specific?

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Coileach dearg

I've heard also that if you are foolish enough to part with $10,000 you can get PR. Don't think it's illegal either as it's fairly common knowledge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

I've heard also that if you are foolish enough to part with $10,000 you can get PR. Don't think it's illegal either as it's fairly common knowledge.

Who do you give the 10000 to ?

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Coileach dearg

Don't know. I presume, hand it in with your application and hope for the best.

• Advertisement
Advertisement