Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Im a guy but a question.....

Options
  • 03-02-2009 6:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi, basically its a very simple one. I suppose im crazy about one of my best friends girlfriends.

To cut a long story short my friend meet this girl through a friend (at least 5 years ago), which i suposse is commanplace when we are in our teens for the past 6 years.

We get on so well, it seems like she's the only person in the room when we're around each other and ive been thinkin about her leaving this summer to go to Africa for a 3 month hoiday.

Its honestly killing me but what realistically can i do about it. It seems as though whoever we've met as teenagers are the people we end up with...i suppose if thats the way lifes supposed to go. It can be very cruel.

Am i a selfise fool or a traitor?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

First, hands off your friend's bird. If you're lucky, their relationship will wither while she's away for three months and you can try your luck when she returns (though you may get a kicking from your friend.)

Also, "whoever we've met as teenagers are the people we end up with"? Sorry, what? You think they're going to go off and get married now because they met as teenagers?

Nah, fella, don't happen like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 womanlikeaman

Yeah fine thats fair enough but they seem to both myself and other friends that their just together out of comfort,

You also dont have to remind me to lay off the mates bird, but its just that ive always felt it (6 years in fact) and im constantly told by her friends and mine that she really likes me which i suppose makes it worse....

Sorry if im coming across as an insensitive arsehole.

Is he going on holidays with her to Africa? Is she a bit passive - in other words, could she have organised this three month break away from him as an easy way to end their relationship?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 womanlikeaman

It seems to be the comon oppipion around here that thats exactly whats shes doing.

And no, she's going to Zambia with her friend for the three months.

See other thread for where this leaves you and the girl you're currently with and apparently hoping to get pregnant.

• Advertisement

Thread closed and both accounts, g2020 and womanlikeaman, suspended until I get a PM from the poster explaining exactly what he/she/it thinks they're doing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement