Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recover your lost linux data with the help of linux data recovery software

• 03-02-2009 8:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I have recently lost my Linux file.I was using the Red Hat enterprise Linux. My friends suggested me to use Stellar Phoenix Linux data recovery software. With the help of this software I have recovered most of my data. This software has GUI interface which makes it very easy to use.This software provides recovery for Ext2 , Ext3 and Reiser file system. This software demo version is free through which you can judge this software recovery capability.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

moved from laptops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭cooperla

Thanks Mariasharon.

Have made a note of it and will have a look later.

TestDisk is another I've heard of but never used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭liamo

First post advertising a commercial product.

Same post here :
    http://www.computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=79985
    (Also first post.)

and here :
    http://harry.sufehmi.com/archives/2006-08-29-1254/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

perhaps he just had a good experience and wanted to highlight it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭liamo

MiCr0 wrote: »
    perhaps he just had a good experience and wanted to highlight it

Heh. The world needs more people like you. A little less cynicism and suspicion would make it a better place :)

To me, however, it's obvious that this is a spam post.
    The links I posted refer to posts made in 2008 and 2006. I'm sure I could find more if I looked.
    It's a commercial product. It was a first post. It matches other posts word for word advertising the same product.

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck .....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭An Fear Aniar

Yeah, he's a spammer.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

testdisk and photrec FTW

gpart is also good but testdisk gives file/folder name previews

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭dubhthach

On the point of file history this is why I like been able to setup automatic snapshots for my ZFS file systems in OpenSolaris especially nice the integration they did with Nautilus to give a OSX like time machine look and feel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Galen

She was probably lazy, I know that feeling. paragon drive backup and acronis true image boot discs can backup and restore linux or windows partitions.

Advertisement