Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Cowen failure - Partnership Talks Fail

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭steof1984

mad m wrote: »
    It was reported a while ago that some local councils are owed more than 15 million in back rent...Why isn't this being chased up.....If you were in a private dwelling you'd be on the streets..

I know it will be hard on most public sector workers but maybe it might be better than the dole.

Because that would mean the people at the top of councils would have to work harder in getting value for money.

This way they can still waste money like they use to in the Good Oul Days.

Why not chase down welfare cheats how much money would that save the exchequer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Shatner

Ok... I understand that there is a pension levy...

but how does it work?

Is the levy subsidising employer contributions?

Or is it an additional contribution?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Additional and as Gilmore stated as its a levy there is no tax relief....!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭pete

Attachment courtesy of PSEU circular issued this evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 civil_servant

glaston wrote: »
    Well isnt that just disgraceful, having to pay money into your own pension. You must be furious.

Well no I am not actually if you quoted my whole statement. It is selective scaremongering like this that is causing the problems.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭juuge

hblock21 wrote: »
    Agreed
    Nurses are well paid, let's not forget that and not all nurses are angels. I've come accross a few that really were not cut out for the job, but like bad teachers they remain employed.

Advertisement