Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Venture Portraits

• 03-02-2009 10:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi
    I know we are in to February now but over the Christmas I couldn't help noticing the amount of people being falsely led and ripped off by venture portraits. Both my wife and I where approached in a large department store in Dublin and fell for the gimmick a few years back. What we did not know was that they where charging extortionate prices for portraits compare to the more professional portrait photographers. Has anyone had the same experience with these people??? :(

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I don't see how its a rip-off, they setup in a Dept Store and people ask them to take their photo, sure its more expensive but people are paying that extra bit for the convenience of not having to go look for a pro etc

Nothing dodgy about it in anyway in my view,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭hill16dub

two hundred euros gets you a frame and photo the size of a small book

your then shown these slides which equal the cost of Cubas National Debt if you want them normal size

suck you in and suck you dry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

In fairness those portrait photography co's are insanely expensive, pure product of the celtic tiger, and will die with the celtic tiger.

We got 2 vouchers for these places when our little fella was born, first one cost us 900 to get 2 pics (fantastic pictures granted) second time round we were much more wary and in order to get one small print with the voucher that cost €150 we had to add €75 so €225 to get one small 8x6 Photo in a $hite black ash frame.

Advertisement