Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battery running down quick on new phone

• 03-02-2009 11:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭

I replaced my phone a few days ago, after charging it up the battery seemed fine. It was running down at a fair rate as I was fiddling with it lot, as you do.
    However, I charged it up yesterday didn't use it much at all and this morning the battery was down to nearly empty. The only thing I was doing was in the car a couple of times using bluetooth to connect to hands free and alarm clock this morning.

I leave the bluetooth on , hidden, so it connects to the car hands free automatically, would this be running the battery down a lot?

Also, I have noticed a blue E is up next to the aerial signal, this sometimes changes to a blue G when I look at the phone. I'm not sure what this is or how to turn it off. Is this using the battery a lot?

It's a Nokia 2600.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭RoosterIllusion

Hi,

the bluetooth does use the battery, specifically if it's potentially constantly scanning for other devices to connect to. the iphone was a bit similar in that if airport (wireless) is left on it scans for networks every three seconds, raping the battery.

I found all new nokia's are prone to very poor battery life and it's just something I avoided by ceasing to buy nokia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

yes leaving bluetooth on will kill the battery.

The blue E means that you have edge coverage (2.75G) and shouldn't affect the battery too much but i think you can stop it by changing the option for gprs connections from always on to when needed. can't remember where the option is tbh but have a look in the settings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Yeah bluetooth does drain the battery so turn that off when your not using it. The E and G mean that you have EDGE and GPRS connections active on your phone at all times, i'm not familiar with your phone but on all nokia's you can change the setting to "Available when needed". Just have a route around in settings and you should find it.

EDIT: Ha Sam ya bet me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Thanks guys.

I had a fiddle and turned the data connection to "When needed" and the blue E & G have gone. I have also turned the Bluetooth off and will have to get into the habit of turning it off and on when required. We'll see how the battery lasts now.

Thanks again.

Advertisement