Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RAW 02/02/09 Spoilers

• 03-02-2009 11:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭

Kane takes last spot in EC match - quite a bad line up for RAW - no CM Punk or HBK in :mad:

I do feel Stephanie and Orton are in cohoots together somehow

Is Orton V Shane O Mac No Holds Barred match on for NWO?

Jericho is gold on the mic as usual

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

Not a bad show, but as JP Liz says, poor EC match for Raw. Shane v Orton will be ok seeing as its no holds barred. Plenty of violence hopefully! Stephanie is definately up to something - she will turn on Shane at NWO I'd say. Some family fueding on the way me thinks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,919 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

BTW..Cenas FU is now called the Attitude Adjuster
    and the STFU is now just called STF

I dont mind the new name for FU..Its better than the throwback anyway

OrtonKickRaw.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Stephanie got absolutely flattened against that door when they jumped her and Shane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,372 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

anyone surprised JBL/HBK is at NWO?

it looks like this could be the big blow-off.

maybe 'Taker/HBK at WM after all?

here's hoping :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

SlickRic wrote: »

Maybe JBL hires Taker next

The Undertaker is on RAW next week to face Orton

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

At least we got some explanation as to why Shane became superman on last weeks show. Also Legacy have retaken their strength they had before the Superman Shane episode.

I'm glad Ted and Cody got to do something to generate heat of their own without Orton to help them out.
    SlickRic wrote: »

I'm kind of surprised. I thought they might save it for WM. It looks like the end of the employee story for them. Maybe they will extend the feud if HBK wins as you would expect. If he loses? Then they will go at it at WM again i think.

Yeah i've been very dismissive of Taker/HBK for a while wondering how they are supposed to face each other at WM if they won't see each other all the way up to it. Now that Taker is going to be on RAW next Monday they could come across one another's paths and he may stick around to make the fued happen. I'm still unsure as to whether it will happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

dsmythy wrote: »

I'm kind of surprised. I thought they might save it for WM. It looks like the end of the employee story for them. Maybe they will extend the feud if HBK wins as you would expect. If he loses? Then they will go at it at WM again i think.

NWO got the 4th biggest PPV buy last year so they could be using one of their big angles to on it to try and maintain it as a massive show and draw. That blowoff and the Elimination chambers would be a massive draw and if they can convince people that this is a big big PPV annually they'll have a phenomenal first quarter every ryear

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Not a bad Raw, Kofi/Rey vs. Knox and Kane was quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

so are we looking at a jericho v nature boy match at mania?

will rourke be involved somehow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,983 ✭✭✭Degag

Why was Cena's finisher's renamed? Was there pressure put on because of what FU is the abbreviation of or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,481 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

so are we looking at a jericho v nature boy match at mania?

will rourke be involved somehow?

I heard Flair was training Rourke for the WM match. Have since heard that match is off but maybe not...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Degag wrote: »
    Why was Cena's finisher's renamed? Was there pressure put on because of what FU is the abbreviation of or something?

Linda wants to get onto the board of education of some state or something and having your main guy who's targeted at kids use moves like the FU and the STFU every monday was a non runner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Degag wrote: »

Thats exactly it.

Also the same reason why One Night Stand's name has been changed because of its "Sexual reference".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Thats exactly it.

Also the same reason why One Night Stand's name has been changed because of its "Sexual reference".

Haha that's pathetic.

So anyone know the difference between a no-holds-barred match and a no DQ match?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

dsmythy wrote: »
    Haha that's pathetic.

So anyone know the difference between a no-holds-barred match and a no DQ match?

Going by Wiki, there is none.
    No Disqualification match

A No Disqualification match, also known as a No Holds Barred match,[43] is a match where neither wrestler can be disqualified, allowing for weapons and outside interference. The key differences between a No Disqualification match and a standard hardcore match are that falls must be made in the ring, there is less emphasis on the use of weapons, and often the Count-Out rule is still in effect for No Disqualification matches.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Professional_wrestling_match_types#No_Disqualification_match

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Not a bad Raw, Kofi/Rey vs. Knox and Kane was quite good.
    I seriously enjoyed that match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,919 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I seriously enjoyed that match.

+1..Thanks to Kofi, Rey and Knox..No thanks to Kane though..Still boring..good chokeslam in the end tbf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

He did what he was meant to do. I think he sold the offense of the smaller guys well. And that chokeslam was perfect. Not that it takes much skill to make a chokeslam from a seven footer to a man-child look awesome.

That knee Knox used on Kofi towards the end made me wince. In a good way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 paddy_5000

Hallo....did anybody else happen to notice the black woman dancing at the start of raw...........EPIC :cool:

Advertisement