Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended Open Source Newsletter system?

Options
  • 03-02-2009 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking for a customisable and easy to use newsletter web application which is open source or is free to use.

Ideally, the system should allow multiple users to manage their own newsletters & user subscriptions. Anyone know any packages which meet these requirements?

Thanks,
    John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,509 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Try PHP List.
    It might work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 saudek

Hello,

I've got a website on which I use a php mail function for sending massmails. The problem is my host, with whom I can't send too many emails as I'm on a shared server.
    Does anyone of you know a way of making a code that allows me to send email via an SMTP server instead of the php mail function?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

daymobrew wrote: »
    Try PHP List.
    It might work.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,509 ✭✭✭daymobrew

saudek wrote: »
    Does anyone of you know a way of making a code that allows me to send email via an SMTP server instead of the php mail function?
    You can get php's mail() function to use SMTP by setting SMTP in php.ini.

When I sent out mail blasts (only ~250 mails) I sent them from home using XAMPP and fake sendmail. See the related question in another thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 saudek

Thanks very much.

• Advertisement
Advertisement