Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin restaurant

Options
  • 03-02-2009 12:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭

Hey guys and gals.

Heading up to the Pale next week for the Ireland match and was wondering could one of ye suggest a good veggie restaurant (besides Govindas, find it revolting)?

I've heard mixed reports about Blazing Salads. Is it nice and is it open at night time?

Anywhere else?

Thanks

K.

PS tried searching but to no avail.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭-lala-

Hi kraggy,

Blazing Salads, although it is amazing, isn't actually a restaurant, it's a shop. I agree with you that Govinda's is revolting, the two places I would suggest are Cornucopia on Wicklow St and Juice on George's St. Juice is quite a bit more expensive than Cornucopia, although the food is very very nice. Cornucopia has absolutely gorgeous food, and it's quite cheap. There is, however, much more of a selection in Juice. Personally I prefer Cornucopia.

Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

You can check the Cornicopia times here: http://www.cornucopia.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Thanks folks.

They both look nice. Looking forward to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭rockbeer

This question comes up so often. It's amazing that after all this time still nobody has improved on these two places for a Dublin veggie eatery.

As usual I'll offer my standard advice: go careful with Juice. As many people hate it as like it, and I've been served up some of the most revolting inedible rubbish in there that I've ever been offered in my life.

Cornucopia serves good food, but it's more of a self-service café than a restaurant. Nothing wrong with that, but it can be best to know in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

Adding to rockbeer: Juice can be nice, but some of the ****e they serve up... It also seems to be fairly empty whenever I go there and it adds an unnerving edge to the place.

Cornucopia has very nice food, but no one I've dragged there agree with me. The lack of seating is a little annoying, I'm never sure what you're meant to do then.

Better options in Juice for food and drink, but the staff are bitchey. The staff in Cornucopia are always nice to me but it's water/tea and maybe coffee. It has a way better atmosphere too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

if it doesn't have to be a veggie restaurant try www.odessa.ie which is just around the corner from Juice/Cornucopia. Great veggie options and frankly a better 'dining' expierience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭-lala-

Aoifums wrote: »
    Cornucopia has very nice food, but no one I've dragged there agree with me.

Have to say I'm a bit surprised at that - everyone I know who's ever eaten in cornucopia loves it. I have several non-veggie friends who would choose cornucopia over "normal" restaurants.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

Only one girl, whos an ex vegetarian agrees with me. I think everyone else is a little put off by the lack of meat. I brought one of my friends there and he seriously couldn't figure out why there was no meat. I told him it was a vegetarian resturaunt, but he just couldn't get over it. Strange boy...
    I think most people just don't like the lack of space, and how everything is crammed together. Plus you serve yourself, but there are real plate and cutelry, not paper plates and plastic sporks. The two don't really go together in places where my friends eat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dereko1969

i'd probably pick cafebardeli over cornucopia, at least you'd get a table to yourself and their pizzas/pasta/salads are pretty good. not vegetarian though but a good choice of veggie options. dublin really is very badly served by vegetarian restaurants, you're usually better off going 'ethnic' and getting veggie food in the indian/chinese restaurants.
    i'm another non-fan of juice

Advertisement