Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RGB colours

Options
  • 03-02-2009 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭

Not really expecting someone can answer, but just in case!
    This may sound like a very strange query, but hopefully someone here can help.
    I'm doing a puzzle that involves finding the hex numbers associated with certain colours on a picture. See this chart

The puzzle is
    here

Would anyone know a simple way of identifying these colours? I'm trying match it up by eye, but it really isn't that easy, and if there was a better way of doing it that would be great?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

I'm sure if you cut and pasted it into a paint package like Gimp there'd be some tool for identifying them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭danindublin

fjon wrote: »
    Not really expecting someone can answer, but just in case!
    This may sound like a very strange query, but hopefully someone here can help.
    I'm doing a puzzle that involves finding the hex numbers associated with certain colours on a picture. See this chart

The puzzle is
    here

Would anyone know a simple way of identifying these colours? I'm trying match it up by eye, but it really isn't that easy, and if there was a better way of doing it that would be great?

Photoshop paint-dropper

• Registered Users Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭fjon

Cool - didn't think of those two! I don't have PS installed, but I could install Gimp. I don't suppose anyone knows if there definitely is a way of doing it in there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

also

ColorZilla for firefox
    Google 'color picker' or 'color eyedropper'

tricky D wrote: »
    also

ColorZilla for firefox
    Google 'color picker' or 'color eyedropper'

Excellent! I downloaded the ColorZilla addon, and using the Eyedropper tool if I hover over each colour I can see the values. I think this is solved. Thanks for you help guys!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

If it's to do with the colours, I'm sure there's probably a trick there, there are only a handful of colours, maybe it's some kind of numerical pattern?

Yes, the end result should be some co-ordinates, quite near to N 53° 38.321 W 006° 12.788
    There are 15 shapes, and I presume each one will be one of the numbers of the co-ords...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

There is a Firefox extension calle Colorzilla that will do this easily.

Also, one thing you should know is that the 'web safe colour palette' doesn't matter any more so don't worry about that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Color pic allows to to grab the RBG values from anything on your screen, very handy program.

http://www.iconico.com/colorpic/

Advertisement