Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what lectures were cancelled?

Options
  • 03-02-2009 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭

Just wondering how many of everyones lectures were cancelled today, i
    decided not to go in so just want to check if i made the right choice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

None, theres no snow in ucd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

Had one cancelled yesterday. Just a lot of puddles around UCD today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

One canceled yesterday, none so far today.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭TDOie

1 So far

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

All of them. By me. Cos I'm too comfy at home. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

None for me

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

None for me either. Wish they were, I'm SO sleepy.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

None for me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

in my lecture there was a full house of 90 students and 1 lecturer looking in the opposite direction.......why would they cancel that lecture? :confused: did a lightbulb blow?

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Joneser

well i just thought there might be cos it took me 4 hours to get home yesterday instead of the usual 70 mins, and there is still alot of snow where i am too so thought the same might apply to ucd

• Advertisement

yep just heard lots of people didn't bother setting their alarm clocks for this morning because of the forecast and all the problems yesterday. i looked out at 7 and no snow but as i was 50 miles from ucd i thought it must have snowed really heavy in dublin given the forecast. then i heard on the radio at 8.30 that there was nobody on the roads because they all thought they would be crap. roads were perfect. it was very uneven, the snowfall. blame the forecasters i say

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭lemon_sherbert

My 9 o clock double lecture was cancelled. It was fine getting in today, but it took me 4 times longer than usual to get home... I was in from nine till four for only two hours of class.

I do not like snow:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

4 hours to get home today, and I have 1 class tomorrow (at 9am). I sense a snow day in my future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 cowswitguns

a foot of snow where i live in the hills so no to college yesterday and today, probably not tomorrow either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

All of them. By me. Cos I'm too comfy at home. :)

same, unofficial snow days rule.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I live on campus, so it's a bit unreasonable for me to pull snow days. Aw.

Raphael wrote: »
    I live on campus, so it's a bit unreasonable for me to pull snow days. Aw.

a strategic spillage of water on your doorstep tonight could be too hazourdous to cross in the morning if temperatures dip :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I'm taking a snow day tomorrow :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Okay basically we had bout 1 and 1/2 to 2 feet (no exaggeration). the only way i can get in is by car and was just not an option you think that lecturer will take that as an acceptable excuse as i missed tutorials marked on attendance

ecoli wrote: »
    Okay basically we had bout 1 and 1/2 to 2 feet (no exaggeration). the only way i can get in is by car and was just not an option you think that lecturer will take that as an acceptable excuse as i missed tutorials marked on attendance

produce the photographic evidence and you'll be fine

• Advertisement
Advertisement