Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Nappies???

Options
  • 03-02-2009 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hey, does anyone know if you are able to buy nappies for dogs anywhere in dublin. I saw them on the internet but cant seem to find anywhere that has them

Its for a very old dog, whose kind of lost control in that department, both no1 and 2s

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Ok, not sure where you can get those, but, if a dog has lost control i think its time to put it out of its misery, that is not fair to have a dog go through that every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 quebec

its not my dog so i cant make the call.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Lou08

I just searched google for some possibilities - the following seem to sell dog nappies:

http://www.fkpetaccessories.ie

If that fails there's an English site that sells reusable dog nappies (you'd have to email them though as I'm not sure if they delivery to Ireland):

http://www.dog-nappy.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

"Ok, not sure where you can get those, but, if a dog has lost control i think its time to put it out of its misery, that is not fair to have a dog go through that every day."

That's a bit harsh just because a dog has a problem there are options for dogs like this and other animals with disabilities that can lead perfectly happy lives if cared for properly.

As long as the dog isn't in pain or suffering good on the owner for making the effort. There was a crowd on tv a while back in the UK that provide dog nappies specifically for dogs like this can't remember the name of them it could easily be the same as the link Lou posted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I know that a lot of people who show females (who are intact) use a pair of y-fronts on back-to-front (so the tail can poke out of the opening) with high-absorbency sanitary towels inside while the dogs are in heat.

Obviously it's a slightly different scenario but it might be worth a try.

You want the night-time towels, by the way. They're like mattresses for Barbie dolls.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭sorella

We use baby pull-ups; cut a hole for the tail.

They work fine and are cheaper than the dog nappies.

And the idea of putting a dog down ? Words fail.

Im sorry, but if its an old dog and it has lost control of its bladder and whatever else, do you think its fair for a dog to be urinating and defacating all over itself?? I certainly dont, im a huge animal lover, but you have to think whats fair on the dog, they cant talk so its up to you to make decisions for them, even if they are hard things to do.
    My very old dog, who was 16 at the time, was finding it hard to stand up, now her heart was perfect but her joints were failing her, i had to amke the decision to put her to sleep as her quality of life was not good and not fair on her either.
    Sometimes you have to make decisions, even if they are the hardest things to do, but i certainly wouldnt keep a dog alive that has lost control in both departments.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

andreac wrote: »
    Im sorry, but if its an old dog and it has lost control of its bladder and whatever else, do you think its fair for a dog to be urinating and defacating all over itself?

By that logic, all human babies should be killed off to put them out of their "misery".

I assume if someone is going to go to the trouble of getting nappies for the dog, that they'll be changing and cleaning the dog too - not just letting it all build up until the nappy bursts.

Personally, I'd rather be occasionally dirty than dead.

Oh thats completely different and you know it. A dog that has lost control of both functions is ill, its totally different than a baby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Lauragoesmad

phutyle wrote: »
    By that logic, all human babies should be killed off to put them out of their "misery".

I do know where you're coming from, phutyle, but I could even see it in my dog how embarrassed she was when she went in the house when she was really old. We didn't mind cleaning up after her at all but you could see in her little face, she was upset by the fact she couldn't wait to go out anymore. TBH, it was one of the things that most upset me about her aging. She would stand there with her head down when I'd be cleaning it up.:(
    Its different when its something they can no longer do rather then something they haven't learnt to do yet so comparing a baby to an elderly dog isn't really the same IMO.

• Advertisement
Advertisement