Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hanafin,s Mother gets Compo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

The Herald wrote:
    Mona Hanafin brought the case in late 2007, naming the Taoiseach, Ireland and the Attorney General as defendants in her claim

Fair enough, Bertie might well have had some devious angle on this and I don't know the Attorney General well enough to feel compelled to defend him.... But Ireland? Now that's just insulting - I don't think the State should allow our senior Citizens to skateboard in Leinster House anymore if they are going to get all litigious on us.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Was she suing to get be compensated for the medical costs associated with the fall?

I have no problem with that, it's when you ask for a million for psychological trauma that I get annoyed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭spadder

I love: "Mona Hanafin is a devoted follower of Padre Pio. "

Padre Pio- patron saint of immaculate compensation

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Was she suing to get be compensated for the medical costs associated with the fall?

I have no problem with that...
    ...once it can be clearly demonstrated that the defendant was responsible for the fall in the first place.

oscarBravo wrote: »
    ...once it can be clearly demonstrated that the defendant was responsible for the fall in the first place.
    Yes of course.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭conlonbmw

spadder wrote: »
    I love: "Mona Hanafin is a devoted follower of Padre Pio. "

Spouting religous nonsense like this just makes people look ridiculous.

"Mona Hanafin is a devoted follower of the Tooth fairy "

conlonbmw wrote: »
    Spouting religous nonsense like this just makes people look ridiculous.

"Mona Hanafin is a devoted follower of the Tooth fairy "
    Padre Pio was actually a real person.:rolleyes:

Go peddle your Athiest dogma somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Zynks

Pity she can't see the irreparable psycological damage she is causing to her daughter with this lawsuit. I think the natural progression would be Mary to sue Mona.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

And I'm a devoted follower of Shamrock Rovers. The point is it has no relevence whatsoever to the fall or the subsequent case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭conlonbmw

Padre Pio has been proven to be a fake:D
    And I'm a devoted follower of Shamrock Rovers. The point is it has no relevence whatsoever to the fall or the subsequent case.

Exactly

• Advertisement
Advertisement