Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Drivers and only Waterford Drivers

• 03-02-2009 1:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭

Dont stop this thread as its about Waterford Drivers in Particular.

Why do so many people insist in keeping FOG LIGHTS on!

It illegal to have fog lights on when theres eh no fog.

And as for bad women drivers my god.

And please please please use your indicators.

Ive lived in a few different places and it only seems to be in Waterford that its so bad!

Whats up like?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Why is this limited to only Waterford drivers. This is a nationwide phenomenon

Only women are bad drivers? Some pretty ugly balding women driving Mercs and Audi's then

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

I have nothing against women drivers but the amount of them that you see on their mobiles while driving is disturbing. And I see a lot of this while they are on the school runs.

Other than that no real problem with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Multivan

Everytime i drive i see women not using indicators and or not using them properly.

and all the times that ive ever had near brushes with people its been women that were totally clueless, even my GF says she cant belive how bad waterford drivers are and women in particular.

FOG LIGHTS are a problem, people here think they are meant to make the car look good. its the law you cant have them on outside FOG if you have yours on im am going to leave my full beams on.

Ive lived in many different places and its worse here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭well butty

They got licenses on the strength of their husbands. Most of them have not taken the dirving test and are driving around on their third - fourth license.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭sfmonet

I'd say the one that gets me is the high-beams. They see you coming and insist on blinding you....that is really starting to get annoying.

My BF said if he was a guard the amount of tickets he would give out for non-indicating would be astronomical! (women and men!)

;-)

• Advertisement

Multivan wrote: »
    im am going to leave my full beams on.

Which in turn makes you a **** driver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

well butty wrote: »
    They got licenses on the strength of their husbands. .

explain please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

only waterford people. Yeah right.

So hows your own driving considering you be looking at everyone else and not on the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭well butty

SUNGOD wrote: »
    explain please

In the olden days a wife was entitled to a license if the husband had one. Also the newer version is the one that as mentioned is on the third-fourth provissional as they are not capable of passing the driving test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

In the olden days a wife was entitled to a license if the husband had one. Also the newer version is the one that as mentioned is on the third-fourth provissional as they are not capable of passing the driving test.

never heard that one but Im sure thats just not a Waterford thing. Me next door neighbour failed her test either 4 or 5 times, cant remember exactly. Last time she was doing it she kicked the tester out of the car half way through cos she got annoyed. Not a hint of a learner sign on her car.

The best woman driver I ever seen has to be me lack. I know I'm biased but jaysus she drives like a man haha. Not a bother on her. She can even reverse, and we all know women cannot do that, well my one is different, its funny seen her actually been able to drive. So proud of her.
    Had to import her from Wexico though.

Personall yI find the 30+ male drivers in cars (of any kind) to be the worse drivers, well I suppose at 50+ they just get brutal but thats my experience of other road users.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 97 ✭✭lynnemc

Hey Multivan if you don't bother coming over the bridge and stay in KK then you wont have to worry about us bad WOMEN drivers that don't use our indicators and always have our fog lights on !:D :D
    We probable have our fog lights on cos your driving up our arses with your full beams on !

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Everytime i drive i see women not using indicators and or not using them properly.

and all the times that ive ever had near brushes with people its been women that were totally clueless, even my GF says she cant belive how bad waterford drivers are and women in particular.

Lets do this instead from my experience...not just in Waterford (why have such a small mind saying this only applys to waterford?)

"Everytime i drive i see men not using indicators and or not using them properly.

and all the times that ive ever had near brushes with people its been men that were totally clueless"

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

First I've heard of this, my dad thought my mother to drive but she still had to pass a test and this is going back years/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

:) So it's all us wimmins that are the bad drivers eh?

Funny, considering that out of most of the couples I know (in the 20-35 age bracket), it was the females of the couple who learned to drive first, and who still continue to be the main driver even after the fella has learned to drive. Seems to be a Waterford thing;)
    And seanybiker, I'll challenge your lack for the title of "competent driver who is not a man". I've been driving a LWB commercial 4x4 for a few years, and can reverse park better in it than my aul dad (who's currently driving it), and he drives commercial vehicles for a living. So nyah :pac:

the lack of indicators is something that bugs me a lot though in fairness, and not sticking to your own lane when you're approaching roundabouts or traffic lights. My husband was nearly run up off the road onto the footpath by an idiot who drifted across almost hitting him, in the inside lane coming down bunker's hill a while ago, and as for the folly roundabout :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭lassykk

what on earth is some people's big problem with fog lights on cars?

Its not that blinding. I drive a lot of miles for work around the country and fog lights are the least of my concerns

- People passing where it is not safe
    - People not indicating (all over the country not just in waterford)
    - The disgraceful condition of the roads (worse in waterford than most other places I travel to - especially between ferrybank and slieverue)

Get a grip... Leaving fog lights on is no where near as bad as many peoples bad driving habits.

If someone leaves their headlights on I flash them to put them off and this usually works... Fog lights don't bother me at all (and I don't drive with mine on)

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

You've not been up around Tipp and Thurles then...roads are the worst I've ever been on so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

Can't say I've noticed any exception in waterford which makes us worse than any other county. Only complaint I have is on roundabouts (particularily the one by welsh park) - cars often shoot out in front of me when Im approaching from the presentation side, and rarely does anyone indicate coming off.

Caused a near incident one time - car driver did the usual "I didnt see your bike" bollocks :rolleyes:

For starters it is illegal to have them on if there is no fog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭lassykk

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    For starters it is illegal to have them on if there is no fog.

yeah but surely its such a small insignificant thing compared to drink driving/excessive speed. I think people should focus on more important aspects of driving rather than just some small little peeve they may have

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭alpha2zulu

The only reason that they are being used 90% of the time is because they look cool:D

I myself found them handy on my old car because it gave me better light on the ditches etc when on country roads. On a dark evening i'll take any assistance i can get.

Besides there not actually much of an annoyance in reality,unless you mesmorize yourself like rabbits in headlights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Tellox wrote: »
    Can't say I've noticed any exception in waterford which makes us worse than any other county. Only complaint I have is on roundabouts (particularily the one by welsh park) - cars often shoot out in front of me when Im approaching from the presentation side, and rarely does anyone indicate coming off.

Caused a near incident one time - car driver did the usual "I didnt see your bike" bollocks :rolleyes:
    yes well roundabouts seem to cause probs for lots of people. It's amazing that so many people are unaware that you are also supposed to give way to traffic already on the roundabout. In other words, you enter a roundabout and suddenly some clown speeding along decides to join the roundabout from the right, thinking that they have the right of way. I've seen that happen at welsh park and the one at kenny, stephenson & chapman

Which in turn makes you a **** driver.

I will leave my full beams on eh if you leave your fog lights on!

So if you see someone coming at you with full beams then turn off your fogs!!!!

alpha2zulu wrote: »
    The only reason that they are being used 90% of the time is because they look cool:D

I myself found them handy on my old car because it gave me better light on the ditches etc when on country roads. On a dark evening i'll take any assistance i can get.

Besides there not actually much of an annoyance in reality,unless you mesmorize yourself like rabbits in headlights.

Theyre a pain in the hoop and they arent for normal drivin they are only for in fog, if you start gettin lax with drivin then you tend to get lax on other aspects of drivin, and yes they do annoy on coming drivers when on a dark road some of the cars these days look like friggin space ships with these new lights on and then the FOGS to boot,

Its ilegal to leave them on and you can be stopped for it.

No its the law and the rules of driving, you cant pick and choose what you want to obey and what not!

If your start gettin lax then you get lax in other areas, you start to creep out more, you start to take more risks at roundabouts you dont indicate anymore,

Drivin is a very serious thing and we forget that,

Its ilegal to have them on.

Yeah but alot of people just think its cool alot of people dont realise that its ilegal, and the same people prob dont indicate as much and have other problems wtih their driving,

I know this all sounds very anal but bad habits creep in this way.

I will leave my full beams on eh if you leave your fog lights on!

So if you see someone coming at you with full beams then turn off your fogs!!!!

Why would you assume I have front fogs? If you haven't gathered already I do not like people who do drive with them on. I also do not like people who drive with full beams when approaching another car or behind one. People like you have no right to complain if you are willing to break the law just like those you criticise.

seanybiker wrote: »
    only waterford people. Yeah right.

So hows your own driving considering you be looking at everyone else and not on the road.

Well for a start you kinda have to look at other people on the road before you go on it!:eek: and second when cars come toward you with 4 sets of lights and all these new friggin new beam thinga me jigs i kinda notice it.

I drive with a very precious cargo and actually think its a sign of a good driver who says they stick to the rules of the road.

When you start letting it slide then all the bad habits start.

I know i posted alot on about this but we all need to be more careful on the roads all it takes is one mistake and you could run my child over or someone elses.

We can actually have a laugh about it also :D

And the title was put in in such a way because i tried to do this thread before and sully said ah it has nothing to do with Waterford

Peace and love people i just want to raise the bar for us all and keep safe

Why would you assume I have front fogs? If you haven't gathered already I do not like people who do drive with them on. I also do not like people who drive with full beams when approaching another car or behind one. People like you have no right to complain if you are willing to break the law just like those you criticise.

Eh your not getting me!

I was suggesting that if you have your fogs on(coming towards me) then i shall PUT my Full beams on, i dont leave my full beams on and actually havent done this to a driver with FOGS on im just trying to get accross my annoyance of this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

seanybiker wrote: »
    Personall yI find the 30+ male drivers in cars (of any kind) to be the worse drivers, well I suppose at 50+ they just get brutal but thats my experience of other road users.
    So how many years have you before you hit 30 and become a bad driver?:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭chrism2007

the first time i ever drove a car i was coming towards a roundabout in waterford

an elderly woman, probably about 70 was driving in front of me in a micra

she drove towards it in the right lane, hit the roundabout with two wheels then took the 2nd left with no indicator.

after 25 mins in a car i was a better driver than that person whos probably driving 20 years

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement