Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Let's learn something new

Options
  • 03-02-2009 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭

Ok, so it's looking like a few of us will be meeting up at the end of next month for the convention. I figure this would be a good opertunity for us to learn something new. Surely there is some effect you have seen floating around the place that has made you say to yourself 'Hey, I wish I had the time to learn this'. Maybe it's something outside of your normal comfort zone? Maybe you are a cardie and want to learn a sponge routine? Maybe you want to learn something like a cups and balls routine? Crazy man's handcuffs?

What I propose is that everyone who is interested in this chooses an effect, here, publicly. You then have the best part of two months to get this to a preformance level you are happy with. We will take your word for it that it's something new for you, it does not have to be anything knucklebusting (unless you want it to be).

I would prefer personally if the effect was sleight based rather than prop based, although once again, that is up to you.

One of the nights of the convention then, we will nip off to a pub and preform the effects for each other. If you are shy about preforming for others, that's fine, it will only be us M&I folks, if you have no idea what effect to learn, I will happilly recomend one. If you commit to something here, and don't get it learned for whatever reason, so be it, this is just for the fun of it.

Who is up for it? I'm gonna take a look through my stuff tongight and see if I can find something I want to learn. I was thinking either Carl Andrews' 'table hopping cups and balls' routine (A 2 cup routine that also has a bit of a sponge routine at the end), or else Re-Set, a Paul Harris card effect I have been meaning to learn for a very long time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭???

Yeah sure, I'm in.

Getting Art of Astonishment on Thursday so I'll either do something from that or my twist on either James Brown's or Derren Brown's card opener.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

speaking of, i was thinking of investing in true astonishments..looks incredible..

If you have it by March we can have a session and watch it!!!!!!!!

It does look good though...

Right so I'll have Reset, Las Vegas Leaper and Invisible Palm all set for this. Anyone else got something down?

Oh yeah, I'll show my coinvexed 2 presentation as well.

Advertisement