Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Home cinema for under 250?

• 03-02-2009 1:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, I've a PS3 and a Samsung LE40A565 (which has HDMI for audio, so I believe).

I would really appreciate it if someone could point out a good home system for me for under 250euro?

I'm looking at this: SONY HT-DDWG700 Home Cinema System for 243, which has HDMI.

I wouldn't mind buying an amp for 250 online and then later on buy the speakers to go with it. Is that possible? if so, how much are standard speakers on stands in your normal shop (living in Galway)?

Lots of questions, I'd be greatful for any tips (total newbie).

[edit] these look ok also, but don't have HDMI: Pioneer DCS-370 Home Cinema System

Or these Yahamah RX-V363 speaker set

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

I couldn't wait so in the end I went with the Yahamah :) I'll be looking for speakers now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 167 ✭✭Torres09

Just read your post sniipe, now that you got your Amp get a set of these:

http://www.tekshop247.com/jaa102hcs5bk-jamo-jaa102hcs5bk-black-speaker-system-black-bezel-p-16303.html?osCsid=43f90ad7cf3cf6b5dc36f4993286ee27

you should get them for under under 250, i have these paired with an Onkyo TX-SR606 and there fantastic, got 5*Award in WhatHiFi for past 2 years

http://whathifi.com/Review/Jamo-A102HCS5/

Good luck.............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭ronaneire

Sniipe wrote: »
    Hey guys, I've a PS3 and a Samsung LE40A565 (which has HDMI for audio, so I believe).

I would really appreciate it if someone could point out a good home system for me for under 250euro?

I'm looking at this: SONY HT-DDWG700 Home Cinema System for 243, which has HDMI.

I wouldn't mind buying an amp for 250 online and then later on buy the speakers to go with it. Is that possible? if so, how much are standard speakers on stands in your normal shop (living in Galway)?

Lots of questions, I'd be greatful for any tips (total newbie).

[edit] these look ok also, but don't have HDMI: Pioneer DCS-370 Home Cinema System

Or these Yahamah RX-V363 speaker set

Hey Sniipe, if your looking at buying separates rather then the complete, take a look at richer sounds in Belfast, I bought from them in January.

They do good deals and as far as I know they look after board.ie members also they deliver. Buying the separates probably is the best but works out the more expensive way.:)

Advertisement