Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Getting a car transported from Limerick to Dublin

Options
  • 03-02-2009 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knew a company that would transport my Nissan Figaro from Limerick to a garage in Dublin. I also need it brought back down.

Thanks in advance.

B

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Boreas

I just got quoted €400 each way. Seems a bit steep to me. Anyone know of a cheaper option?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Try CW Transport in Naas. We deal with them, and i find them very good to deal with and reasonable on price. 400e each way is a crazy price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭hebejebees

400 euro is probably the norm for vehicle recovery of that distance, alternative is to use your insurance AA, Hibernian, Allianz, Axa.... all have roadside assistance built into their comprehensive cover that doesn't affect your no claims bonus and they will generally transport it if that is the nearest repairer, which in your case might be?
    If you don't have any recovery cover, buy AA cover and call in a breakdown...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Try CW Transport in Naas. We deal with them, and i find them very good to deal with and reasonable on price. 400e each way is a crazy price.

I'll second CW Transport. I used them quite a lot in a previous job and found them quite reasonable and efficient.

http://www.cwtransport.ie/

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

If you have a decent car/van with a towbar, why not hire a trailer and do it yourself.. The Figaro
    isnt a big car so even a mid range petrol car would tow a trailer comfortably the Figaro it on it..

http://www.hireco.ie/car-trailers.html

Used one before when bringing a car from Dublin to Waterford..

If you dont have a car/van with towbar, hire one.. they are cheap as chips and always weekend
    deals being offered as most vans are only hired from Mon to Fri by companies

Tox

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Boreas

Thanks to Drummerboy08 and crosstownk for the tip. CWT just picked up the car. As has been said above they were both reasonable and very efficient. Up and back down for much less than what others quoted for one way.

Thanks to all for taking the time to reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Ooops and I was going to offer to bring it to Dublin. I was going to Dublin on Sunday and coming back on Wednsday.

Too late, could have saved you some yo yo's

Advertisement