Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Triton shower cutting out

• 03-02-2009 1:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭

Hi All,
    I have a Triton shower that has started tripping the breaker after 7-8 mins while running.

I'm just wondering if there's any replaceable part I could look at, before I call in a service engineer.

Cheers for the help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

Same thing happened out - water was getting into the box. The replacement was as cheap as getting it fixed. Got a guy from Maynooth Shower Maintenance that we have used for years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭Traditional

replace it , fix one thing the other goes , I got a power shower fitted , used to have a triton rubbish compared to a power shower .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭fishdog

Read this and you will have your solution.
    I got a power shower fitted , used to have a triton rubbish compared to a power shower .
    You are not comparing like with like here. I have a power shower too and it is great, but it requires a hot and cold water feed. The Triton just needs a cold water feed. Sometimes this is all that is available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭dbrock

check you got no loose connections at all these can cause whats called a thermal overload on the rcbo, breaker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭cossworxenergy

sounds like an overload. i fixed this problem for someone. put a clamp meter around the load side of rcbo while running it read 36 amps the RCBO they had was 30 amps rated so I installed a new 40 amp RCBO which is used now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

yes it's common enough for showers to be upgraded on existing 32amp mcbs/rcbos.As per the post fishdog refers to,it's helpful to know the type/rating of protection and the rating of the shower(at 230V) first to determine whether it could be an overload or an earth fault .

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭sparkfireman

usually a 40amp rcbo for tritons... 8.5kw - 9kw...

= 40 (give or take, depending on wire length and diameter etc)

32amp for a 7kw shower??????

Advertisement