Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tell us the story of your username...(ancient merge)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

It started back in second year of college. One of the girls who lived next door came over to our house. She was off her tits on some drugs and was freaking out about something or other. Me being the kind caring gentleman that I am, I picked up a cushion, proclaimed it as her god and tried to get her to bow before it. I believe I said that I'd end her puny species existance if she didn't. She ran off and we didn't see her again for a couple of days.

Later on that year I created a cult called cushiology (It was a piss take of scientology) and it's god was a solid gold cushion. I designed a website for a class project on it and luckily the lecturer seen the funny side of it. Started using almightycushion then as a username on some sites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

i watched the movie THE UNFORGIVEN with CLINT EASTWOOD one night a few years back , charecther called english bob in it , immedietly afterwards i went online and came across BOARDS , tried to sign up as homer-simpson but obviously that name was taken the 1st night BOARDS went online so i just called myself irish bob as im irish and my nickname at school was bobby , an altogether entirely uninteresting back story i think you will agree

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭salad dodger

I dont like salads so I tend to dodge them and have the physique to prove it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Économiste Monétaire

The username is indicative of the job, while also alluding to the history of macroeconomics and the first (recorded) use of the term 'economist'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

After my cat,someone else had Holly so I took Holly1,although Ihavent noticed anyone post with the username Holly.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

holly1 wrote: »
    After my cat,someone else had Holly so I took Holly1,although Ihavent noticed anyone post with the username Holly.

Oh you'll love Holly. She's great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭Disease Ridden

The username is indicative of the job, while also alluding to the history of macroeconomics and the first (recorded) use of the term 'economist'.

Yeah, likely story :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

Based on the name of the place where I work and a mysterious creature of the night :eek:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

coldwood92 wrote: »
    where I live

Or you've an erect penis in your fridge since 1992. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

My favourite band. Quite boring really!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

It's the name of a traditional boat in the Phillipine's and 81, hmm not too sure, I was born in 88, so 81 I guess are just random numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭niffle

it was my nickname in school !!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

It was a nickname I got while living in the UK. My then Chinese gf and a few other pals gave it to me. They said I was helpful and considerate and added the first half of my name to it. (Denis)...as in Den the Man. Very thoughtful they were.

And oh yeah it has nothing to do with the horse...even though a lot of people here think it is. :)

DenMan wrote: »
    My then Chinese gf

Your girlfriend isn't Chinese any more? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

Your girlfriend isn't Chinese any more? :D

:D:D

She was going through one of those phases where she felt it would be best to fit in. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Broad

Because I am. Didn't used to be til I gave up the smokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭focus_mad

Just mad about ford focus's!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

But why not like Superdude?
    Or Mightabin man?
    Or maybe you could be your own sidekick, Haveyouseenthis boy?

Or Dopeman! He can smoke a pound in a single bound.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Welcome to Jazz Club. Grrrreat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭omyatari

ireallycouldntthinkofanythingelsebutthismadlongusernamecusalltheonesiwantedweretaken

seemed too long.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Banter Joe

Poor decision making skills

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭m3llowship

mellowship slinky is a song by the chili peppers, one of my favourite bands...

• Registered Users Posts: 5 EllenJamesian

From the book The World According to Garp, love that book

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Pighead's name came from the cover art of one of the greatest singles of all time.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Yay, The Citizen is back!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Lorrs33

My name is Lauren and I told a guy in my class that you couldn't cut my name down into a nickname and sure enough he came up with Lorrs, even though it never really caught on. I use it for a lot of websites. The 33 comes from trying to use just Lorrs on a website, but it being rejected. I love the number 3, so I doubled it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sharethepain

Its what i am :)
    My god.....your Mary Harney:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

I like The X-Files and "Deep Throat" just isn't cool on the internet so I picked "missingtime"

The time you miss when you have been abucted by Aliens/Drugs/Alcohol.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭ilkhanid

One of the 'Ilkhanate', the islamicized Mongol dynasty that ruled Iran and most of the Middle East in much of the 13th and 14th centuries. I was reading a book on islamic Art at the time,so....there it was.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Thomas A. Anderson, alias Neo, is one amongst billions of humans asleep, neurally connected to the Matrix, unaware that the world he lives in is anything other than it appears. Throughout the trilogy Agent Smith refers to him as Mr. Anderson.

I signed up to fight this guy

Advertisement