Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tell us the story of your username...(ancient merge)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

Seemingly i resembled minnie the minx when i was younger

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Which username? :P
    Had to change mine after a few bans ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

It's a big secret that even rabbid ninja's couldn't drag out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭sarahlulu

Very boring... two of my daughters are called Sarah and Lulu

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

I rode with Brushy Bill Roberts in the Lincoln County Wars.
    That S.O.B. Arkansas Dave Rudabaugh, put a knife through my arm once.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

My username came from something i spotted on this site
    http://www.i-mockery.com/metal/default.php

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

Molly is the name of my dog but I'm always calling her mollywolly, and so it became my boardsie name. Nice, non-threatening - just like me really :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭annabellee77

Was just after reading the poem "Annabelle Lee" by Edgar Allen Poe (don't ask! :o) and when I signed up it was still stuck in my head........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Well, basically, there was this little dot, right? And the dot went bang and the bang expanded. Energy formed into matter, matter cooled, matter lived, the amoeba to fish, to fish to fowl, to fowl to frog, to frog to mammal, the mammal to monkey, to monkey to man, amo amas amat, quid pro quo, memento mori, ad infinitum, sprinkle on a little bit of grated cheese and leave under the grill till Doomsday.

So y'know.... I thought AnonoBoy had a nice ring to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭annabellee77

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Well, basically, there was this little dot, right? And the dot went bang and the bang expanded. Energy formed into matter, matter cooled, matter lived, the amoeba to fish, to fish to fowl, to fowl to frog, to frog to mammal, the mammal to monkey, to monkey to man, amo amas amat, quid pro quo, memento mori, ad infinitum, sprinkle on a little bit of grated cheese and leave under the grill till Doomsday.

:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

I'm bald.... very original really....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭devereaux17

meh just my surname

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭rockchik

couldnt really think of anything else and I guess I like to think im a bit of a rockchik!!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭up them Schteps

I just really wanted people to get up them schteps!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

Nickname from my primary school years ('83 - '90)

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

A semi-literal/semi-literate translation of my name as gaeilge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

A semi-literal/semi-literate translation of my name as gaeilge

Is that Reid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭ToTheSea:

razorlight song i like. But its also an order/suggestion. People can ask what do you want to do now and I will exclaim TO THE SEA!

I talk a lot of poo at times

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Bonkers_xOx

because I am...:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Mine came from a very unlikely scenario that unfolded when me an mates went interrailing in august 2006. We had got to krakow and i was coming down with a really bad cold so wen the others went to the water park i just went to watch the opening day of the premiership.

Im a spurs fan and we were playing Bolton that day. so anyway i was in the pub sittin up at the bar wearing my jersey with 'Kinger' (a school nickname) on the back. The pub was pretty quiet and it was really only me and one other lad watching the football. Just as the match kicked off though a group of about 20 bolton fans stroll into the pub on a stag party. 5 minutes later they score and another 10 after that its 2 nil. All of the bolton fans spot me cowering in the corner an begin to chant-

"Kingsley! Wats the score? Kingsley, Kingsley Wats the score?"

Thats the name that they read on my jersey and its kind of stuck since. Just couldnt believe it when they all came in. Wat were the chances? I thought i was pretty safe in a small polish pub at 1 in the afternoon but obviously not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭northern lights

Thought their official title of 'auroraborealis' was a bit of a mouthful so went for the other name for them, the 'northern lights'. I've been lucky enough to have seen them twice over the years back home in scotland. Bloody amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

We were talking about father ted or something, and soon after I joined some Poker web site... Decided to call my self Father Spodo Komodo (after one of Mrs. Doyle's guesses at Father Todd Unctious's name), but put it in "username" type (surname name followed by first initial)... But someone had already taken Komodos! So I used Komodosp

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I wish I had an interesting story behind my username but really, I just couldn't think of anything and Novella was the name of the song that was on at the time, so I thought why not?! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Avoiding Work

Its what I do best :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭motherfunker

I got banned from the airsoft forum so I created a new profile with a name that reflects my disdain and contempt for all those that frequent that place. (swap the n for a c)
    I'm not bitter!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Dlite

(swap the n for a c) I'm not bitter!!!

Thanks for clearing that up for us.

Was lost there for a moment with your pure genius, i guess d lite did not come on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

I'm a bit of a knacker and it's my favourite phrase, aside from alree

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Dlite wrote: »
    Thanks for clearing that up for us.

Was lost there for a moment with your pure genius, i guess d lite did not come on.
    I still dont get it :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭muboop1

mine is simple, remove the number and read it backwards... :eek::eek:

hilarious word and nobody ever gets it! :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭DubMedic

ejmaztec wrote: »
    So, you dub foreign language hospital soap operas for the viewing public? Some of your colleagues do a lousy job of that Shortland Street crap, I still can't work out what on earth they're talking about.:confused:

That's good quick thinking , but no. :D

Advertisement