Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tell us the story of your username...(ancient merge)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I got banned from the airsoft forum so I created a new profile with a name that reflects my disdain and contempt for all those that frequent that place. (swap the n for a c)
    It's amazing, like a magic eye thing. I'm emailing that to all my friends straight away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

Covey wrote: »
    Name for native of my town in the West of Ireland?

How's it going Cove?

I wonder if theres a user called Fishhead?

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

film called casshern which i was just after watching and i tought it was cool plus 88 is my DOB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭This_Years_Love

The song was playing on the radio when I signed up. After trying 2 dozen different names and been told they were all taken... Out of frustration I just tried the title of the song and it worked! Decided to keep it since its one of my favourite songs anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭DubMedic

The song was playing on the radio when I signed up. After trying 2 dozen different names and been told they were all taken... Out of frustration I just tried the title of the song and it worked! Decided to keep it since its one of my favourite songs anyway.

Damn you.. that song is stuck in my head now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

My name is Kieran...and my friend started calling me Key...then another friend came back from america and was like IT'S FULL OF KEYLIMPIE and I was like oh wow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

It all began one faithful Monday...

I awoke that morning tired. It was, once again, Monday. Needless to say, my spirits weren't exactly lifted by the fact it was freezing cold and pissing rain outside again. The economic climate was pretty much at it's worst and exceptionally volatile. But I was just still basking in the joy of Barack Obama's inauguration.
    I got dressed and went downstairs where I made a cup of tea and ate breakfast. I packed my schoolbag and off I went.
    I arrived at school for another average Monday. I began the morning having a chat with the lads before school began.
    First class that day was a doss so I had some extra snooze time. It was great.
    I arrived home that evening happy as Larry after a day's school put down. I sat down the watch TV, opened my laptop and logged onto this new internet fagdaddle they invented in the 90's.
    I had a look at boards.ie. I'd been looking at it for a while now. In a confident enough mood, I registered...

I filled out the form, it was easy enough, no toughies like "whats the meaning of life" or "should abortion be legal in Ireland". I then came to this part called "username". I began to think. Mario came to my mind...Mario was taken. Goddamn that legendary video game charector. What was Mario called back in the dawn of Mario? Jumpman. Jumpman...that'll do...but I don't like the ring to it. Jumpguy. YES!
    I then proceeded to bearly use it until I wanted to get some like-minded JCers opinions around the country about the exam.

Note: Story is based on an average day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 xxcocochanelxx

muboop1 wrote: »
    mine is simple, remove the number and read it backwards... :eek::eek:

hilarious word and nobody ever gets it! :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

what's a poobum???

cocochanel..i like the perfume

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

I like cover the naked flesh of attractive people in chocolate sauce and lick it off, so I figured I'd make it my user name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭goldenbrown

of the best songs I have ever hear golden brown larn more on wiki:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭i-digress

Mine is pretty self-explanatory...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

so is mine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

Carl Nolan

Carlos was taken on hotmail when I was 9.
    My stupid 9 year old head though carlman sounded cool
    carlman was taken
    carlman9 - taken
    carlmango10 (as in "carlman is going 10")

2 weeks later, forgot the password.

= carlmango11

From then on I just always used that along with a password I made a few years later :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭GlasnevinRed

From Glasnevin, Shels fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

thomond = home of Munster Rugby

2006 = the first year Munster won the Heineken Cup

therefore, thomond2006 = perfection

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Driver 8

I was driving a locomotive in the Southern United States, when I was duly informed by the conductor of said train (number 8, i believe), that I was due to take my allocated break period.

He then assured me that said locomotive would in fact arrive at its destination, though it was, he told me, "a ways away"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

I was listening to the song when I was signing up!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

I spent time working in a monkey sanctuary in South Africa and there was a monkey there called bushy. He wasn't quite all there in the head and was a bit of a runt, so he quickly became my favourite. I called him wee bushy, and hence the name.

Unfortuntetly he died of TB a few months ago :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

thomond = home of Munster Rugby

2006 = the first year Munster won the Heineken Cup

therefore, thomond2006 = perfection

When I first saw your username, I was convinced you were my brother, because of the rugby associations!
    WeeBushy wrote: »
    Unfortuntetly he died of TB a few months ago :(

That's really sad, I'm sorry to hear that :(

I'm sure I explained my username before but ... I have big rosy cheeks (on my face) like Pikachu, the yellow electric pokemon does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Bill Murray's alias in the hilarious movie Quick Change is none other than....Dan Chipowski....or is that Skipowski ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

Whiskey yer the divil, yer leading me astray..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Flight of the Conchords song.

"Ca va?"
    "Ca va."
    "Ca va?"
    "Ca va."
    "Voila -- le conversation dans la parc.":D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

couldnt think of a username and i was watching sky one so i picked sky 88 was year i was born its that stupid

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

sky88 wrote: »
    couldnt think of a username and i was watching sky one so i picked sky 88 was year i was born its that stupid

I'm so ****ing old.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭daniel91

Name and the year I was born.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

daniel91 wrote: »
    Name and the year I was born.

I'm so ****ing old!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭LittleKitty

usually go by mellowkitty for everything (i like cats) but it was taken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

I'm so ****ing old!

I was forwarding an article to someone the other day, his email was <insert name>1993@hotmail.com.... i was like WTF i didn't even realise people born in the 90s were old enough to read yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Anthem

Anthem for Doomed Youth by Wilfred Owen. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

A one-off character in my favourite sitcom, Only Fools & Horses.

Advertisement