Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tell us the story of your username...(ancient merge)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Once upon a time.
    I had an opinion.
    I'm a guy.
    I suck at thinking up usernames.
    The rest is history.
    The End.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭ball

I've one ball

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I wanted a username that conveyed my femininity yet non "girly girly"-ness - and I was in a rush to think of something...

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Chicken Run

I keep hens.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mattfender

nameguitarbrand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭WeWillBeReborn

I'm subtly promoting a website, but you won't find out which one until I want you to know...;)

Also it sounds cool and holds the worthy title of stovelid's favourite username on boards :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ElaElaElano

My name's John and I support Fulham.

Duh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 mad_physist

As a physics student, it may interest you to know that it's spelled "physicist".

i dont study languages ;)

and physicist/physist depends on your region

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭I_Am_The_Walrus

It's the name of the Beatles song! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

Saibh is not the original name I had - got it changed as the other name I had I didn't like it and hadn't put much thought into it.

Saw this name on another website and liked it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭fintonie

Well its all a bit of a haze these days but I m hoping as I try to recall it will ll come back to me.

2.25 Friday afternoon feeling happy as a happy thing looking up at the blue sky turning grey I noticed a cloud shaped like the letter F, to me this was a sign and I smiled to myself knowing this was the start of something wonderful

time was passing by slowly when I got some good news and acting on my good news took me to the outer edges of town, down a small grass ridden road and there at the end of it was my second sign, although I did not know it straight away that eye which fell from the sky onto the shoulder of a passer by would be influential later.

it was not enough that all these strange things were happening to me, while at work I saw another sign it was a horseshoe the wrong way round my lord the letter N.

to be honest I am getting it harder to recall much more so I will have a cup of tea to see oooooooooooo wait there it is staring me in the face, I was jogging round a big ould field, near my gaff trying to keep fit while losing some weight, when I tripped while speeding up to look good in front of the heffers which seemed to have strayed in unknownced to me, she was the matriarch you could just tell, fine, strapping, uddering all those type of words just for her and then I seen it her branding was the letter T as I slowed down wiping sweat I knew this was another sign for me.

the next one is not so exciting to be sure I took it from the word doodle simples, you might wonder why and just in case i doodle alot and the letter O fills every space.

sometimes we are lucky and feel like we have just won the lottery well this happened to me, I received a letter from my uncle who was after getting out of hospital and he was telling me how he was doing recovering from his operation, which by the way was on his knee but as he was very bad at spelling he spelt (knee) nie and there it was my final sign, I will always love him for this.

I had all these letters in a wee box for many years not knowing why or what they were for till I happened on a fledgling forum, it all became so clear, a rush of blood, excitement, outer body moment, if I arranged them like this FINTONIE, together never to be parted it would be my user name on boards.ie

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

fintonie wrote: »
    Well its all a bit of a haze these days but I m hoping as I try to recall it will ll come back to me.

2.25 Friday afternoon feeling happy as a happy thing looking up at the blue sky turning grey I noticed a cloud shaped like the letter F, to me this was a sign and I smiled to myself knowing this was the start of something wonderful

time was passing by slowly when I got some good news and acting on my good news took me to the outer edges of town, down a small grass ridden road and there at the end of it was my second sign, although I did not know it straight away that eye which fell from the sky onto the shoulder of a passer by would be influential later.

it was not enough that all these strange things were happening to me, while at work I saw another sign it was a horseshoe the wrong way round my lord the letter N.

to be honest I am getting it harder to recall much more so I will have a cup of tea to see oooooooooooo wait there it is staring me in the face, I was jogging round a big ould field, near my gaff trying to keep fit while losing some weight, when I tripped while speeding up to look good in front of the heffers which seemed to have strayed in unknownced to me, she was the matriarch you could just tell, fine, strapping, uddering all those type of words just for her and then I seen it her branding was the letter T as I slowed down wiping sweat I knew this was another sign for me.

the next one is not so exciting to be sure I took it from the word doodle simples, you might wonder why and just in case i doodle alot and the letter O fills every space.

sometimes we are lucky and feel like we have just won the lottery well this happened to me, I received a letter from my uncle who was after getting out of hospital and he was telling me how he was doing recovering from his operation, which by the way was on his knee but as he was very bad at spelling he spelt (knee) nie and there it was my final sign, I will always love him for this.

I had all these letters in a wee box for many years not knowing why or what they were for till I happened on a fledgling forum, it all became so clear, a rush of blood, excitement, outer body moment, if I arranged them like this FINTONIE, together never to be parted it would be my user name on boards.ie

you put waaaaaaaaaay too much thought into that:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭fintonie

you think woooooooow I taught maybe I didn't explain enough, but I don't mind it happened and it was a beautiful thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,389 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Overheal wrote: »
    It means im constantly mistaken for a WoW player.
    And then I bought a WoW account last month NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,915 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Toots is my childhood nickname. The * is just there to jazz it up a little ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

The day i joined boards the friend who recommended it to me got a tattoo of a cupcake behind her ear. It seemed fitting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

i couldn't think of a name so i spelled boards.ie backwards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

ei.sdraob wrote: »

Im impressed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭I_am_Jebus

as I was signing up I was watching the episode of the Simpsons, where Homer becomes a missionary...

Loved the part with his head sticking out the airplane window screaming "Save me Jebus"...

maybe I'll change it someday.... maybe....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Its my middle name.

******* Kiera *****

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭twitch1984

have a twitch in my eye and was born in 1984 lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Turnip Fish

He said I am the turnipfish I do my own thing
    I'd like to rock 'n' roll to the Sultans of ping
    If all the other fish don't understand
    The Sultans of ping are my favorite band

http://ping.fishtank.org.uk/lyrics/fish.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

ei.sdraob wrote: »

never even copped that:o

The bill parts my name and the ''major'' part dnt know why:confused:prob to do with me liking a bit of hostility at football :eek: ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭donkey balls

i got my username from a scare at bed time with podge&rodge i remember one time checking into a hotel using the name(trying to hold a straight face) i told the girl that don was short for donald and got away with it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

psycho because im studying psychology and hope because its the meaning of my name

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭104494431

Mingey wrote: »
    Is that pronounced like trib or tribe?.

trib

Supplemental form is generally called Tribulus terrestris.

good stuff, seldom taken in my experience because I can never f*cking find it anyway! Taken as a stack with zma for testosterone 'support' (ie: testosterone enhancement!). ZMA is great though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 vajust

my little bro used 2 caqll me this...but I'd rather not say why, it is kinda rude!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Dave! wrote: »
    It's my name
    You have an exclamation mark in your name? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Mine is a variety of red grape, grown all over but mainly in Southern France and Spain. Its has a rich and spicy style. I love wine so i thought i would reflect this in my username.

Advertisement