Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tell us the story of your username...(ancient merge)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

Its the percentage of said country I won in the rarer than the nigerians, congolese lotto!

It came down to stupid kids in my class having 4 people with same first name. It took them 2 years to realise there was a country called congo. I chose not to say anything ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

;) A Simpsons reference. How original.

"if the Bible has taught us anything--and it hasn't--is that girls should stick to girls sports, such as hot-oil wrestling, foxy boxing, and such and such."

hence Foxyboxer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Iron Hide

Tom Clancy novels :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,594 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Paddy Englishman, Paddy Irishman, and Paddy Scotsman fall down a well. The fall kills Paddy Englishman while Paddy Irishman and Paddy Scotsman die later due to injuries and starvation.

Plus I was born in 1985

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

I was joining a dating site a good few years ago and wanted to portray myself as just an ordinary guy (I wish! I'm a freak! ).
    I used the name extra-ordinary_guy joining sites from then on until I signed up somewhere that had a username character limit that didn't allow the 'guy'. From then I've been using both 'extra-ordinary_' and 'extra-ordinary_guy'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I'm actually a famous RTE celebrity in disguise so I thought AnonoBoy would be a nice inconspicious name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    I'm actually a famous RTE celebrity in disguise so I thought AnonoBoy would be a nice inconspicious name.

Shirley Temple Bar .. is that you?? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Shirley Temple Bar .. is that you?? :)

I wish!

She's simply fabulous!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭nameproblem

I use the same username for everything I sign up for, changed it a bit when I first started using the interweb, then I changed, wanted to go back to an old name, alas it was stolen by some name imposter... so I then had a name problem, solved this easily by becoming "nameproblem" and the great username was born.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

It's a song. Extremely interesting I know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Was it a random name plucked from the air 15 years ago that's still with you ?

Did you copy someone elses from another board etc ?

Is there a meaning behind it ?

Do you use the same name elsewhere ?

Loads of related questions there :)

Vince McMahon is a wrestling character that was 'killed' in an explosion. I seen a Gif that i thought was funny where Kane (a wrestler) is responsible for it, thus KKV = Kane Killed Vince.

I think this is the only place on the net where i use this name though. Everywhere else im "chokeslamcena". Yahoo suggested it many years ago and i just stuck with it. :)

I'd like to use that name here too, but I' m not paying money to change my username. It'll have to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Handed down by my forefathers

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

Lab rat was already takin

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,133 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Wicklow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Was it a random name plucked from the air 15 years ago that's still with you ?

Did you copy someone elses from another board etc ?

Is there a meaning behind it ?

Do you use the same name elsewhere ?

Loads of related questions there :)

OP it is manners to state your own opinion/reasons etc. when posing a question such as this on boards.

Vince McMahon is a wrestling character that was 'killed' in an explosion. I seen a Gif that i thought was funny where Kane (a wrestler) is responsible for it, thus KKV = Kane Killed Vince.

I think this is the only place on the net where i use this name though. Everywhere else im "chokeslamcena". Yahoo suggested it many years ago and i just stuck with it. :)

You'd never get that from just seeing KKV - that's actually quite interesting :)

TheZohan wrote: »
    OP it is manners to state your own opinion/reasons etc. when posing a question such as this on boards.

Ah my bad - mines an anagram :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Marge: Question 1: Name one of your childs friends
    Homer: Lets see uh, Barts friends, well there's the fat kid with the thing, uh, the little wiener who's always got his hands in his pockets!
    Marge: They want a name, Homer, not a vague description!
    Homer: Okay....Hank?
    Marge: Hank? Hank who?
    Homer: Hank....Jones!
    Marge: Homer, you made that up

And thus the username was born.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

from Santa

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

My parents? o.0

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭fingerbob

Got into a taxi and the driver turns round and says, "Fingerbob is that you?!". I wasn't fingerbob but the people who were with me have called me it since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Ah my bad - mines an anagram :)

Me is Shag Pants?

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Kevin Bacon

A friend of mine was putting a bet on a pig in a pig race(for charity or something) anyway he needed a name for the pig. I first suggested that he call it Juan Claude Van Ham and that what was originally going to be my username. Alas that wouldn't fit in the username space so I went with the other suggestion which was ... Kevin Bacon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

I like to think I'm smart....

I'm not :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

LOL Fingerbob

Mine's, well... maybe it's because I'm Irish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

:D:D:D

Fcukin' hilarious"!!!!

I'm shittin meself laughing here.

Stop for fcuks sake:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

A friend of mine was putting a bet on a pig in a pig race(for charity or something) anyway he needed a name for the pig. I first suggested that he call it Juan Claude Van Ham and that what was originally going to be my username. Alas that wouldn't fit in the username space so I went with the other suggestion which was ... Kevin Bacon.

That's fcukin fantastic ... ha ha ha :D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,816 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I made my real name 1337.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Aodan83

Name in English was taken, so tried it in Irish, and that was taken too. So I just added a random number, which worked.

Advertisement