Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tell us the story of your username...(ancient merge)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

rugby bugger and the yr i was born. couldn't think of anything else!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

a girl i know called karen got aids. i think shes dead now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭patzer117

Mine comes from patzer - a poor or amateurish cbess player which was my nickname at school for some reason, and then 117 which is the first number which is divisible by or contains 3, 7, and 11, thus being the first "Gheel Bot King" in the game of the same name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Google mine, it give's so many people alot of joy every day when they twist that trottle. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

POwerHouse Means Strong.....And Dan is me name....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

dundalk is where i hail from agus is cailin liom

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

From my middle name Angela.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

One of my nicknames is the rug...because I have one or two hairs on me chest!! And my girlfriend thinks I look like the bear in the big blue house!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

tis merry christmas in hawaiian...duh!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Mine comes from liking fanta orange.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

mine comes from a scene in the simpsons. Red Hot Chilli Peppers were playing in Moes and Barney is sitting at the bar waiting for them shouting "WE WANT CHILLYWILLY!!!!"......

i thought it was funny anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 rose of jericho

I got my name from Frank Black's song I Burn Today (album Honeycomb) He also wears a classic western shirt which is embroidered with the Rose of Jericho on it which I have recently bought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

mine comes from my love of stone

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

America was bombing somewhere - must have been Serbia I guess, at the time. And I was looking for a handle to use for gaming, that no-one else had.

They bombed a hospital, and the words Civilian Target stuck in my mind for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

I'm Seb... I'm a Bum... It's like this thing writes itself!!! :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

The works Of J.R.R. Tolkien.For further details, go read some books.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭bladetrinity

when i was signing up i tried lots of names but were already used, bladetrinity was in the cinemas so i tried it, it worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

My first name is John and my surname starts with a K :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

well back a good few years ago a friend of mine kept going on about how he is gonna setup a massive company that will have a T.V. station and all the works and he was gonna call it the B.M.P., so just to annoy him I said I would also setup a company, one that would blow his out of the water and I would call it Marts (Mark's Arts) so there ya go

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,444 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Once upon a time, myself and friends were trying to come up with the coolest names imaginable. Johnny Ultimate sprung to mind.
    But we didnt leave it there - we created him as the ultimate superhero who gains superpowers after consuming radioactive cornflakes. He then went on to defeat evil in the form of Hermes Von Criminal (aka the Bus Conductor, who killed with bus ticket paper cuts) and the Gardener (who threw seeds in people mouths, sprinkled them with water, and promptly their head exploded). We even made a short film of it, which sits unfinished up in my room.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

It's me name!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

I'm from the deise and i'm a Man U fan so that's what the devil stands for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭DawnMc

Erm..... a bit random really........ I love the Office so the Dawn comes from that and I just added the Mc as Dawn alone was already taken!
    Bo-ring I know!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

The works Of J.R.R. Tolkien.For further details, go read some books.

That sounds awfully pretentious, especially for someone who's only been here since Nov 2004 (haw, what would you know)

Anyhow mines a song

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

Mine name is matthew and i am big

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Mine name is matthew and i am big

Well really then it shoud be "mattewwho'sbig" I mean your current name implies you're a "big" who's name is mattew.

I'm in a weird mood tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

That sounds awfully pretentious, especially for someone who's only been here since Nov 2004 (haw, what would you know)

Anyhow mines a song

sure what does join date mean....

pfftt...less than 2000 posts, what would you know ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭catsup

random simpsons reference when mr burns has to go shopping for himself.

dunno why i chose it...i think it may have chosen me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

It's my name, honest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

that simpsons episode was on only the other day. very good it was. Homer having 4 heart attacks at once :)

Advertisement