Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tell us the story of your username...(ancient merge)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭smallgarden

theres gardening book on the shelf beside the computer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

homer's mom!

My mates call me muddymaesuggins but I shortened it for here :)
    http://forum.wordreference.com/showthread.php?t=1141081

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gingy

Pretty self explanatory.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

It's not my name...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

It's from this song, when I used to be all z0mg indvidual!1!!1one! I suppose :P I used to use it as my username for everything and boards was one of those things so yeah :) I believe Atavan is an anti-depressant too =/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC8BBX2ofIw

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭friendface

I had just watched this episode of 'The IT Crowd'

The name was stuck in my head then. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Used to hack Ivy off trees when I was younger cos people told me it was killing them :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

Just took two words at random and stuck them together. Applecat was the runner-up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I used the name Gandalf in an MMO for years and when I regged for boards Gandalf was taken already so I regged as "Gandalf/Seán" and to all the CS heads and IRC types I was Gandalf, and to all the Quake heads other Gandalf was Gandalf.
    So anyway, I go to Boards Beers 1 or 2, cant remember, in the white horse anyway, and Everyone keeps getting me and other Gandalf mixed up, so I askes Tom if he will change my name and he says sure why not like.

Then, while drunk, me and 5/6 other boardsies are talking and I ask what my new name should be and at the time sticking eh at the end of your name was fairly common on the IRC channel so someone said Seaneh and feck it, it stuck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭iguy

iguy=i=intelligent,interesting,innocent,innonative,incredible and at times insane=guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Just trying to be orignial and mobster like. Light Fingered mobster from the good ole days

No relation and no rip off of Feeky's name either...

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭GrizzlyMan

It came from a man who was eating by Bears...no other than Timothy Tredwell.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭patmac

Got into a taxi and the driver turns round and says, "PATMAC is that you?!". I wasn't PATMAC but the people who were with me have called me it since.

Alternative and far less interesting version is that my first name is Pat and my surname starts with Mc, so I even got that wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerTheGreat

modesty

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Osgoodisgood

Peter Osgood was my boyhood hero and there was once a sign at Stamford Bridge in the early 70s saying "Osgoodisgood".

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

The powers that be chose it for me ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭Shinyboots

just like the ladies in them :p

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Lirael

testicle wrote: »
    Fixed that for you :)

right thanx, I misspelled it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,201 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Diamond Dogs by David Bowie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

Krypton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭Smallbit

my b/f christened me smallbit because it's apparently my standard answer to any offer of chocolate/cake/wine, etc etc :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Peter Osgood was my boyhood hero and there was once a sign at Stamford Bridge in the early 70s saying "Osgoodisgood".

Thought it should have been Osgood is God myself according to most Chelsea fans he was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Banjara

Mine is a nickname given to me by colleagues in India where I worked for a while. It means someone who travels from place to place but who never does, or will, 'settle'. It pretty much sums me up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Kevin Bacon

Banjara wrote: »
    Mine is a nickname given to me by colleagues in India where I worked for a while. It means someone who travels from place to place but who never does, or will, 'settle'. It pretty much sums me up!!

So your nickname is traveller? Wouldn't really work if it was in English.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Don't ask!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

I have cheeks like Pikachu.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I have cheeks like Pikachu.

:eek: Shocker!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

McLovin' was taken.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Darthvadar

My so-called friends thought it would be appropriate because I've asthma!...:rolleyes:

Advertisement