Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tell us the story of your username...(ancient merge)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Mine is old english for king... odd seen as I'm a girl.... Always loved the way it sounds!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Bishop_Donal

I just don't want to be responsible for anything:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭halfinch

Prob not the best place to explain

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Arnold Layne

First Pink Floyd single

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

:):) I was thinking of a nice place during the terrible weather

At first glance I thought your username was poopyvalley and that had a very different meaning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

halfinch wrote: »
    Prob not the best place to explain

mwah!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

His password is bigblackdildos :D

What the hell are you looking at??? O.o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭gamblitis

At first glance I thought your username was poopyvalley and that had a very different meaning.

Great minds think alike. I misread it myself and was quite confused! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭el oh el

el oh el = l o l

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

gamblitis wrote: »
    Great minds think alike. I misread it myself and was quite confused! :P

Filthy minds more like it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭quicklickpaddy

Well mine is actually a guitar thing (even though the majority of people are fairly skeptical about that) and in my naive pre-teen stage it meant nothing else than a fast riff on a guitar. I made my email back then and I set up my ebay account back then too. I just used it for this because I never really posted much when I joined and was too lazy to come up with anything else.

For anything I set up now I'd use Pdougg... Thats cos with my school rugby team we all got nicknames on the back of our jerseys. Not wanting to use quicklickpaddy I chose the failsafe P-Dogg and got Pdougg back as the result of a horrible typo and it stuck. Some of my friends even call me Dougg the odd time now.

Any interesting story behind your username or email for that matter?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Used to have a schmig. So I came up with it cos I thought it sounded funny.

I shaved. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭MaybeLogic

MaybeLogic; taken from Robert Anton Wilson.
    Whose thoughts and ideas I shamelessly plagiarise here on AH, if not as articulately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Austrialian guy: "You call that a knife?? This is a knife"

Bart: "That's nit a knife, that's a spoon"

Austrialian guy: "Alright, alright, you win. I see you've played Knifey Spoony before!":D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

When i was moving to Galway,everyone was calling me a culchie. I explained that no matter how long i lived in Galway,i was always going to be a Dub. (which was a bit long as a username so shortened it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Its my middle name.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Moomoo1

Mine comes from my Trophy Manager team http://trophymanager.com/klubhus.php?showclub=44988 club nickname.

Yes, I am Armenian.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

mine is the same username I use for my mail a/c, it's my first name and Iron Maiden mixed! stupid I know but I came up with it when I was 16 and it's really embarrasing when i'm asked for an email address cos I have another two but never remember them,

Actually I remember one time on one of my placements for nursing I was asked by my mentor in the cafateria my email address so she would forward on my placement evaluation and I told her and i just went completly red, it just seemed so unproffesional at the time. On reflection should have given her my uni one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

It's my favourite ice cream.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

69 wrote: »
    It's my favourite ice cream.

sure it is;)

I just made it up.. I think it sounds catchy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭eddie the eagle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

I plucked it out of my rectum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

first thing that came into my head when i signed up . . .i may have been thinking about the terminator at the time . . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Moomoo1 wrote: »
    Mine comes from my Trophy Manager team http://trophymanager.com/klubhus.php?showclub=44988 club nickname.

Yes, I am Armenian.

I cant get out of division 6

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭One_Armed_Dwarf

I was born with a height defect and then a few years ago I lost an arm saving some orphans from a fire

or I might have got it from a Tom Waits song

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

It is what my mom used to call me when I was little... actually she still does sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

No idea why I picked my name. I seem to think that it was because I struggled to pick an original name, 'enders was on and I saw Billy and thought "what an unfortunate little man, sucks to be him". Not any more :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭kdave

I just used my name and stuck a k in front of it

Advertisement