Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tell us the story of your username...(ancient merge)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

biko wrote:
    My username is named in memory of a man who should not have had to die for what was right. I keep my username and his memory alive, so that we never forget what happened

Aw shít, it's terrible to be reminded that things like that happened. It'd be nice to think that they didn't still but I don't know.

Mine is from when I was registering to a forum before and needed a username. I was listening to a song by Soungarden and like it so I went with it. The 0 is so it appears first on lists. Yes people that's a 0, not an O.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Photi

George Bernard Shaw

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

Like anyone really wants to know my story...but here goes.

I had another Username on Channel 4 Forums (sadly, not News Forum - Big Brother!) but p.c. crashed, had to re-register. Daughter had just become the proud owner of 8 gerbils at the time, so gerbilgranny made sense. (That was 2 and a half years ago, 4 gerbils still remain).

I used the same username for another Big Brother Forum, and registered with it here. I wish I hadn't used it for here, really. Too easy to be found. :(

Have about 10 Usernames on different Forums. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Shewhomustbe...

A book by H. Rider Haggard.
    Was trying to think of a good name and was looking at the bookshelf while thinking and spotted the book, should be she-who-must-be-obeyed but it wouldn't fit so it became Shewhomustbe...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Airblazer

mine I came up one day when playing a fighter pilot game..wanted something catchy so I came up with trailblazer..dropped the trail for Air and combined it..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭spiderlegs

I was called it by realtives when I had really skinny legs............

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Can't remember exactly had something to do with dos though

(hehe simpsons rocks)
    C:\DOS
    C:\DOS\RUN
    RUN\DOS\RUN

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

A shortened version of my name, Ruairi, although everyone calls me Rory

*any other Ruairi's get annoyed with being called Rory??*

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,302 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

From Zaphod Beeblebrox in Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy. Been using Zaphod on other sites for years before I got here and found it was taken. Shortened it to Zaph, which is what people generally called me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Roar wrote:
    A shortened version of my name, Ruairi, although everyone calls me Rory

*any other Ruairi's get annoyed with being called Rory??*

I'm a Rory who gets annoyed by people calling me Ruairi

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I'm a Rory who gets annoyed by people calling me Ruairi

I've a similar story, My name's Alan and I get really annoyed when people call me Simon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

I wanted a stupid name. Dublindude sounded retarded enough for my liking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭bishop brennan

Couldnt think of a name and Fr Ted was on telly so picked Bishop Brennan!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

My name is Aideen but lots of people call me Deen or Deenie. Randomly one day, a friend called me Beany instead of Deenie and it kind of stuck. So she calls me Beany, and I tried to register it somewhere but it was already taken so I added the b. Voila, you get beanyb. Not the most interesting story really...

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Trix

"its what i do ...tricks! me and a bud used to say this alot. not sure why. so called myself trix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Illegal Alien

I really shouldn't be here......

......ssssshhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

From the DaVinci Code!! Also think it was the middle name of the evil guy in Dangermouse as well!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭Chris P Duck

I was ordering chinese one night, and when i asking for crispy duck, i tought it sounded like someone bart would ask moe for in one of his prank phone calls in the simpsons

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I think mine kind of speaks for itself... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

I got a horse and this was her registered name. it means fairy legend. I use it on forums cuz nobody else has it - my own names always taken

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Pinx

I love pink and have a lot of pink clothes -- so when I was in college my nickname was "pinky" and this eventually morphed into "Pinx".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

I was on anagramsite.com, typed in my name & voila!
    Thought it was kinda cool, so have been using it as my username on various sites ever since!

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Pjays

One too many experiences in my first year of college involving being outside on winter nights in my pjs. some guys i know started calling me it and its stuck ever since.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

I like poetry a lot and it seemed applicable at the time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

No stupid nicknames for me,use my real name ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

me too jonny... the name on my birth certificate is Shane Hannigan so my parents must've had a sense of humour

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

comes from 2 things

1. My golf swing and how I like 2 think of it

2. Spiderman is a real swinger or he is the swingking
    BTW I like spiderman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭green_onions

Mine comes from a song from the early 1960s by a band called Booker T & The MGs. I was in a friend's house one day and we were flicking through her CDs and playing the songs. I came across this one and something about it stuck with me.

Then when I was signing up here I was trying to think of an unusual name and remembered the song and hence it's now my name here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

me too jonny... the name on my birth certificate is Shane Hannigan so my parents must've had a sense of humour

lol, "my parents must've had a sense of humour"

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Oh by the way, my name just came to me out of the blue

Advertisement