Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tell us the story of your username...(ancient merge)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

birth

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

The reich.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

titanium steel pins in me hip from an operation when i was 22 to fix a click hip (wasnt detected at birth) so i was thinking "cyborg":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyborg
    Real (as opposed to fictional) cyborgs are more frequently people who use cybernetic technology to repair or overcome the physical and mental constraints of their bodies.

played around with it a bit and got the "xsi" bit, hell, it sounds better than "cant.tie.my.own.shoelaces" :eek: :D

this is what it looks like- http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/hip-dysplasia-6.jpg

its called a "ganz osteotomy", that was never gonna fly as a username though! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Stephentlig

First name Stephen and the TLIG part I got from here www.tlig.org

Pax Christi
    Stephen <3

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

From the county that I'm from and for some reason just added boy at the end..not sure why as it was a long time ago.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Thomas828

I worked out an anagram of my local tube station Walthamstow Central, Crew Want Tall Thomas. I thought of adopting that as my username, but I thought it was a bit long so I shortened it to Thomas. And the 828 signifies my birthday, August 28th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

My nickname has been Duffman ever since he made an appearance on the Simpsons. Then some other chap moved to the team with the same nickname, so to differentiate between us, he was a whippet of a young fella and I wasn't, so he got stung with Lil Duffman and my name was born.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Megatitan

What made you come up with your username?

Mine for example, was a result of becoming a member soon after watching transformers!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I wanted BobLoblaw but it was already taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Was the name of one of the guys posting bad stuff on message boards in the movie Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. F**k them up their stupid a$$es!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

Ive no idea

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭PostHack

I re-registered after I lost my password due to the Boards Hack of 2010.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

As a nature lover, I'm offering a bursary to clinically insane young vets prepared to create the hybrid of my dreams.

Should this prove 'unethical' in this PC world gone mad, my plan is simply to staple the two beasts together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Was the name of one of the guys posting bad stuff on message boards in the movie Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. F**k them up their stupid a$$es!
    Magnolia fan gone?

mine's my name..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Didn't we have a thread on this yesterday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

pokemon! (silver to be precise) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Didn't we have a thread on this yesterday?

GROUNDHOG THREAD!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

I play bass and look like a scarecrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

fatherlen: father actually comes from an old gamer tag and len is inpired from bishop len brennan. the two tie in together so...........

FatherLen

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

An underhand dig at hip, jazz-playing itinerant spades.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

I'm a star.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Ah, the annual "What's your username about?"

I should actually copy and paste my reply in notepad so I can save it for future reference :pac:

Well, my name is Duggy............and 747 is an easy combination to remember. It's a name I've used for years around the interwebs.

Funnily enough a few years later I found THIS out! I guess I'm that popular they dedicated a plane to me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Wilson91

It was my Playstation Network name...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Massive mega merge all the way from 2005 to present.
    Usually old threads are left but I thought I'd be cool to be able to see that far back.
    NB: Some people have changed username since.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Its the way Irish people say Thirty Third...and came about after the whole 'can we please play in your World cup sirs?' thing with Fifa

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭QuiteInterestin

I had just spent the day watching reruns of QI on Dave when I set up my boards account. Seemed a good idea at the time, now I'm not so sure about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

I have no idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Mine is a Judo technique which I like to use..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭MadameGascar

My old username was Somethingwitty which I miss as it was undoubtedly the best username ever, but unfortunately I lost it because I forgot my password and hotmail decided it didn't want to know me anymore.

I spent a while living in France where I was a nanny for a little 4 year old boy. There was a bit of a language barrier and he hated my guts,to the point where he made my life hell, he even started attacking me when I was asleep... because he missed his old nanny.

Eventually we began to make friends, and he started calling me Madame Gascar, which isn't actually my name at all! I thought this was cute but then I found out his old nanny was from Madagascar. I have to live with being second best :o

Advertisement