Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tell us the story of your username...(ancient merge)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I spelt apple wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

From the film Mr Deeds. My sisters and some friends claim I was like the title character. They started calling me Deedsie. I liked it then. Kinda ridiculous name now. Good and anonymous though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭Show Time

Show Time: As in LA Lakers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

I like Irish and medieval history

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

Was sitting in work, saw a stapler, decided to make it more evil sounding and Staplor began

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

On a whim, wanted to be anonymous, but if anyone who knows me read my posts (i doubt anyone does) they'd know who i am.

I wish i had of picked "ChinBallBoy" or "BallChinBoy" just because :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,641 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Paul Gascoigne would have been a big influence for me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

A rather nice song by The National.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

thebaz wrote: »
    Paul Gascoigne would have been a big influence for me
    Should you not have called yourself 'thegaz' then? Or at the very least got Gazza to change his name to Paul Bascoigne.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Vic Watson - The Legend

Vic Watson Personal information Full name Victor Martin Watson Date of birth 10 November 1897(1897-11-10) Place of birth Girton, Cambridgeshire, England Date of death 3 August 1988(1988-08-03) (aged 90) Place of death Girton, Cambridgeshire, England Playing position Centre forward Senior career* Years Team Apps† (Gls)† 19??–1920 Wellingborough Town

1920–1935 West Ham United[1] 462 (298) 1935–1936 Southampton 36 (14) National team 1923–1930 England 5 (4) * Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
    † Appearances (Goals).
    Victor Martin Watson (10 November 1897 Girton, Cambridgeshire – 3 August 1988 Girton, Cambridgeshire) was an English footballer who played most of his club football for West Ham United.
    Watson, a centre forward, played 505 times for West Ham between 1920 and 1936. The club paid just £50 for Vic from Wellingborough, bringing him in to provide cover for Syd Puddefoot.[2]
    Vic Watson is the club's record goalscorer with 326 goals, a feat unlikely to be bettered in the modern era. He once scored six, in an 8-2 home win against Leeds on 9 February 1929, scored four goals on three occasions, and managed 13 hat-tricks while at West Ham.
    Watson gained two international caps with England in 1923 and a further three caps in 1930, scoring four goals in total, including two against Scotland in the 1930 British Home Championship.
    He spent one season (1935-36) with Southampton before retiring and he was the club's top scorer with 14 goals in 36 league appearances.
    Upon retiring, he became a market gardener in Girton. He died in August 1988 at the age of 90.
    In June 2010 a plaque honoring Watson was unveiled in Girton.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I'm a huge fan of Nintendo and I'm sweet and have blonde hair :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Er......Mam ? Can you help me with a question I've seen on boards ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

I set up this account in 2008 when I was doing my leaving, Shakespeare was on the English course at the time and I probably joined to ask a question about English, thinking I'd be funny HAWHAHHAW! probably a dumb username but it has grown on me.

My account then sat dormant for most of 2008/2009 until one day I took an interest in AH and the rest is history.

What started out during my leaving is still with me as I go into my final year in college!

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Voodoo_rasher

its how i interpreted hearing of lyrics in Brimful of Asha when i first heard it! back in 1998.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭busyliving

Line from one of my favourite movies

"Get busy living or get busy dying" - Shawshank Redemption

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Pyridine

It's a common chemical, used as a base or solvent. Did my PhD on derivatives of it. It's a pain to synthesise in fused ring systems...trust me! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I set up this account in 2008 when I was doing my leaving, Shakespeare was on the English course at the time and I probably joined to ask a question about English, thinking I'd be funny HAWHAHHAW! probably a dumb username but it has grown on me.

My account then sat dormant for most of 2008/2009 until one day I took an interest in AH and the rest is history.

What started out during my leaving is still with me as I go into my final year in college!

You have a nice name. :)

Story brought a tear to my eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,049 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

eh i dunno :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I'm a Paddy and a Cow in equal measure, put them together and you get Paddy Cow :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Nickname and the year I joined. I'm pissed that I didn't use a capital B.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭coldwood92

Or you've an erect penis in your fridge since 1992. :D

true:D

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

My name is Karen and my mother always called me Karona Marona, so just used the Karona part.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭AwayWithFaries

When I was thinking of a name to sign up for a different forum someone asked me a question but I didn't hear them as I was off in my own world or away with the faries, so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

C'mon guys, it ain't that hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

C'mon guys, it ain't that hard.

Thats what she said.

Bam!

Yeah anyway, it's a toilet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

my surname is Laterriere
    the year was 2010

i was inspired, you might say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭HUNK

RESIDENT EVIL

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭greenybaby

bit of my surname with baby :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

I only joined up to find other musicians. Billy Corgan is ma fave guitarist who often wore a sweat top with 'Zero' written on it , I also like Guitar Hero, its a cheap play on words, my username makes peopl think I'm 12.

Advertisement