Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duracoat

Options
  • 03-02-2009 1:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭

Hi guys ,
    Anyone know of an Ireland or Europe bases stockiest for the Lauer Duracoat ( looking for a full kit , spray , propellant , paint etc) .. I have had a look but can only seem to find US stockiest .
    Thanks
    Darr
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Sandy22

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭foxhunter

Darr wrote: »
    Hi guys ,
    Anyone know of an Ireland or Europe bases stockiest for the Lauer Duracoat ( looking for a full kit , spray , propellant , paint etc) .. I have had a look but can only seem to find US stockiest .
    Thanks
    Darr

There was an op on a few weeks ago about duracoat I think he is setting up in the republic soon .
    (gunhappy ie) is his user name there is a thread on it in the main shooting forum page 4 I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Darr

FH ,
    Indeed your correct still never hurts to know what the competive prices are esp in these dark days of recession :) .

Thanks
    Darr

EDIT : just to be clear I dont know how much GH_IE is charging , but I research before I buy is all . I will be touch with GH today to get his prices .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭foxhunter

Darr wrote: »
    FH ,
    Indeed your correct still never hurts to know what the competive prices are esp in these dark days of recession :) .

Thanks
    Darr

Ok no problem I see where your coming from.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭ejg

Hi Darr,
    it is quite awkward to get duracoat from the states. Around 150 USD for the UPS. Anybody can order it no problem, just expensive.
    Maybe James Clark from Jagersport can send a set out to you, ask him.
    The other fella in the UK is a Wayne ?? goes under AR15 on BBS.

Or as mentioned before gunhappy ie here in Ireland might be able to help.
    The prices I had seen for duracoat spray jobs from him are not bad.
    For a single job it might be much quicker and cheaper to let someone do the job.
    Other option might be a product from KG in I think Austria.
    Just do not buy the water based paint (stock Kote), it is useless.

www.kgindustries.eu (Gary Powell)

edi

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

Sandy22 wrote: »

hi darr ,there are the guys i got my rifle done with .
    it was done in the uk
    he will also sell a kit that will do two rifles ,wire ,rocks ,rough use will strip the coating away in time ,no matter what any one will tell you .
    pm me again if you want any more info

Advertisement