Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guitar Hero Aerosmith Software and Guitar 39.99 at Smyths

• 03-02-2009 1:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭

Went down to Smyths in Galway, they have Guitar Hero Aerosmith with the Guitar and game for e39.99 down from 99.99. Available for PS3, Xbox and Wii. I think they also have GH II for the Xbox as well at the same price

Join Ireland Weather Network

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,778 ✭✭✭cython

Nice one. I'd nearly be tempted to pick it up to have the extra guitar controller for rock band or GHWT as much as anything. Of course if they have GH2 for the same deal then the track list on that might be more interesting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Good deal... links:

Wii
    PS3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

I'd be going now if I wasn't so lazy and it's wasn't very snowy out :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭randomname

basquille wrote: »
    Good deal... links:

Wii
    PS3

Is the guitar for 360 wireless?

randomname wrote: »
    Is the guitar for 360 wireless?

the arosmith one yes, guitar hero 2, no

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭randomname

the arosmith one yes, guitar hero 2, no
    Cheers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

waterford smyths have aerosmyth guitar hero for 40. Woo getting it now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Awwww, its so snowy outside!

Cheers for the heads up OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Thanks op, picked me up one for the wireless guitar!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Going to pick one up for my son on the way to college tomorrow. Cheers OP, my son will be delira. (they have them in stock according to their site)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I have 2,3, aerosmith & world tour, and 3 has the best playlist by a mile

and prefer the explorer to the les paul

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Just picked up one for the Wii in Jervis, there was 2 left for wii and a few for the other two consoles!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

seeing as I have all the consoles which should I go for and which version is the best (not realy an aerosmith fan tbh)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

If you had your wii modded people have put together custom guitar heros (rock band set list etc)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Calm Horizons

I just picked up the Guitar Hero II bundle for €39.99 in the Jervis Street branch; I've never played any of these games before and I have to say that it's absolutely class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

I picked up the Guitar Hero II package too, No fans of aerosmith here, plus son didn't mind that it was wired-no batteries to buy/recharge. The guy in the shop said that the Aerosmith one only had 20 (Aerosmith) songs and the GH2 had 70 songs.

Son was only on it for a few minutes but will give it a go later on myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

For the Wii, Guitar Hero Aerosmith is the only one on sale yeah?

So if not into Aerosmyth, I'd be buying for the wireless guitar only and then would have to buy another guitar needing game after. Is that worth it?

Oh yea, and if you get guitar hero 2 or have the wireless reciever for an xbox controller you can get an opensource game for your PC called Frets on Fire. It's just like guitar hero and people are making track packs for it too http://fretsonfire.sourceforge.net/

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Prowetod

Not familiar with the way guitar hero works, if I get the aerosmith game can I use that guitar on a different set of songs like guitar hero world tour?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

eoccork wrote: »
    Not familiar with the way guitar hero works, if I get the aerosmith game can I use that guitar on a different set of songs like guitar hero world tour?

if you have a guitar, you can use it for any guitar hero game on that console

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

if you have a guitar, you can use it for any guitar hero game on that console

Can you use the Guitar Hero guitar with Rock Band (on the wii)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

I got Guitar Hero Aerosmith in Jervis Centre. It has over 25 aerosmith tracks plus more tracks by other people. All in all about 31 tracks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GH_Aerosmith_Songs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

eoccork wrote: »
    bazwaldo wrote: »
    Can you use the Guitar Hero guitar with Rock Band (on the wii)?
    Have a look at this guide:

http://www.joystiq.com/Instrument-Compatibility-Matrix/

The guitar that comes with Aerosmith is the same as the Les Paul from Guitar Hero 3, but with a different skin. It seems to work across all games, except for Rock Band on the Wii.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

HMV still have GH3 for €44.99 (or €40.49 with a student card) for the 360, PS3, PS2, and Wii. Sold out of 360 in Henry St, but I got one on Grafton St.

They had GH Aerosmith too but I cant remember the price, think it was the same as Smyths

Advertisement