Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

football special

Options
  • 03-02-2009 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭

anyone know of any shops in letterkenny that still sells this stuff ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Whattheheck

all of them !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

Get mine in Tobins with the petrol (but the FS is nicer!). They are indeed in most shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

Get mine in Blacks Centra when I'm picking up the chinese take-away :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭R.D. aka MR.D

dunnes have the two litre bottles!! yum yum

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Is it sold in many places outside Donegal??

• Advertisement

Don't think it's sold anywhere outside the county :(

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭slogue

Got it in Derry too, newsagents on Strand Road across from Quayside

We had a good laugh at work thinking about what we were like as litttle children with big purple heads and full of sugar :)

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Seen the famous stuff today in Betterdeals in Strabane. €1.69 for the 2 litre bottle.

I'll never forget being at a uncle's wedding in Clare when i was about 10yr, went up to the bar and asked for a Football special, of course the barman hadn't heard of it, so i stood there almost in tears thinking the barman was just taking a hand at me. I could believe there was people who didn't know what it was.

edit; Just remembered another FS story. Was talking to a fella from down the country who was up for a night out in Letterkeny, he was telling me what a great night he had and how he got completely drunk on this brilliant cocktail......yep Football Special. Did have the heart to tell him there is no alcohol in it.

:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭Aoife9

Remember Cavan cola? I used to love that stuff we used to pretend it was Guinness!:D

Football Special - I remember when my (now wife) tried explaining the drink to me, I was a little mystified! The first time I visited Buncrana, it was on her "to do" list to get me a bottle.

The funny thing is, I remember a drink similar to it where I grew up (North Kildare), when I was a kid. Damned if I can remember what it was called though! (Score, perhaps?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

I always get it when Im up in Dunfanaghy. Love the stuff.

The funny thing is, I remember a drink similar to it where I grew up (North Kildare), when I was a kid. Damned if I can remember what it was called though! (Score, perhaps?)
    probably the North Kildare Runs Inducer :D

muffler wrote: »
    probably the North Kildare Runs Inducer :D

Heh, whatever it was, it probably wasn't healthy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Ali08

The real question is does anyone know where you can still buy it in the small glass bottles? The big two litre plastic one just doesnt do it for me:mad:.

Ali08 wrote: »
    The real question is does anyone know where you can still buy it in the small glass bottles? The big two litre plastic one just doesnt do it for me:mad:.

They still make them in the 250ml bottles, they just changed the bottle before xmas, they sell them in pubs.

Senna wrote: »
    They still make them in the 250ml bottles, they just changed the bottle before xmas, they sell them in pubs.
    Yes I have seen them in pubs also.

But they dont bother me ;)

Muffler did you never have a pint with a football special chaser:P

I've had a few football fans chase me on occasions when I had a couple of pints in me if that counts :D

• Advertisement

Close enough muffler, you should have thrown a glass Football Special bottle at them? I always carry one for protection:cool:

Senna wrote: »
    I always carry one for protection:cool:
    I prefer condoms :)

muffler wrote: »
    I prefer condoms :)

I've no kids, seems like the FS bottles is working fine:pac::pac::pac::pac:

I could make a joke about extra girth and glass doesn't break, but i wont:D

I highly recommend FS as a mixer with Brandy. It's a fantastic combination :)

mrmac wrote: »
    I'll take your word on it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

And Banana drink in the afternoon for the hangover cure.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »

Drink THAT when i'm already feeling ill:eek: i'd need to be close to the toilet

K-9 wrote: »
    Oh the thought of it is even making me feel sick :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

mrmac wrote: »
    I have tried this combination got to say its not bad at all :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 knuck

I grew up just across the road from where the make it. When we were kids we used to walk in whenever and get free bottles of football special and banana. We also knew how to get into the store room through a back window too.

Good times.

Advertisement