Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

football special

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭GoldenGreen

i read in the paper they are now selling it online all over the world. www.mcdaids.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭il gatto

Spent alot of time in Donegal over the years and I never tasted it. There used to be a dink in Leitrim called "Fun" made by a company called "Drino". Stopped making it years ago. It was like a variation of red lemonade. Actually, I should start a thread on the Leitrim forum.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,196 ✭✭✭✭muffler

il gatto wrote: »
    Spent alot of time in Donegal over the years and I never tasted it. There used to be a dink in Leitrim called "Fun" made by a company called "Drino". Stopped making it years ago. It was like a variation of red lemonade. Actually, I should start a thread on the Leitrim forum.....
    Good idea :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Hmmm I'd love a bottle of football special now! Or the banana one- yum yum. Do ya reckon that counts towards your 5 a day? :P

Bloody Dublin... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Looks like you can get it delivered from this shop;

XXXXXXXXX

But they're out of stock at the moment:(

Mod edit: Sorry Senna I had to remove that link.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

Thumpette wrote: »
    Hmmm I'd love a bottle of football special now! Or the banana one- yum yum. Do ya reckon that counts towards your 5 a day? :P

Bloody Dublin... :(

I travel up and down to Dublin every week - do you think there's a Black-Market for the stuff :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭GoldenGreen

Senna wrote: »
    Looks like you can get it delivered from this shop;

XXXXXXXX

But they're out of stock at the moment:(

I know slightly off topic but what a strange site that is, try buy some seed potatoes (hint to do this click the link "Up" on the left, and do it again when the next page loads), then look at the seed potatoes on that page.

Ok to save a lot of click here is the link

XXXXXXXXXXX

Mod edit: Apologies but I had to remove that link for reasons I cant go into here.

Mod edit: Apologies but I had to remove that link for reasons I cant go into here.

PMSL - the suspense and intrigue builds; spuds of mass destruction?? - lol!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

mrmac wrote: »
    PMSL - the suspense and intrigue builds; spuds of mass destruction?? - lol!

Maybe its to stop the blow-in and non-Donegal people getting their hands on our presious spuds and FS:D

p.s. i´m sure the mods have good reason, no need to explain.

Don't mind me, having a pure giddy afternoon! :D

• Advertisement

mrmac wrote: »
    I travel up and down to Dublin every week - do you think there's a Black-Market for the stuff :cool:

Ha- there might just be! I wonder could native Dubs be convinced of its brilliance too. My boyfriend is a Dub and he loves a good football special when he comes to Donegal. I wonder if they ever tried to make it nationwide- or global!

McDaids conquer the world! Coca Cola shudders!

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭PattheMetaller

I used to work in the bottling plant during the summer when i was a student way back in the '80s. Happy days:D.

Preferred it when we were bottling Banana tho - the smell about the place was lovely:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Jhazon

Sorry folks, but with the discussion, my mouth is water and I don't even know what Football Special is! From what I read at McDaid's website, it sounds like an energy drink?? Cola/pop?

Yet one more item I must try when I move to IE. Any chance this is available in Co. Cork or must I want until I go up north?

Jhazon wrote: »
    Sorry folks, but with the discussion, my mouth is water and I don't even know what Football Special is! From what I read at McDaid's website, it sounds like an energy drink?? Cola/pop?

Yet one more item I must try when I move to IE. Any chance this is available in Co. Cork or must I want until I go up north?
    It would look a bit like coke with a bit of a "head" on it. Im not sure if its available much outside of Donegal

Off to Donegal in the morning to stock up! :)

And for some nice home cooking :)

Happy Easter everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭W.B. Yeats

AM up for the weekend and will have to get a few into me and bring some home

Take more than 2 and you will never have to visit the chemist again to buy a laxative :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

could you put me down for a couple of bottles (banana and normal) ... only learned about football special from this thread and am intrigued.

Was sick in Donegal for the whole Easter weekend and I totally forgot to football special it up! Sad missed opportunities!

Thumpette wrote: »
    Was sick in Donegal for the whole Easter weekend and I totally forgot to football special it up! Sad missed opportunities!
    Hope you're better again and there will be more opportunities for a razzle at the the black(ish) stuff :)

• Advertisement

Thanks Muffler- grand again but back in smelly dubland! Sure such is life! :)

Its Friday and it hasnt rained in 20 minutes- life is sweet!

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

Has football special been taken off the market?

I was looking to buy a few bottles over the weekend on Donegal Town, I went to five different shops but could'nt get a drop!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Funny was just thinking on buying a bottle last night, it's been a while so I sure hope not........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭inode

well there is still stock coming into the shop i work at so i presume its still on the market

Merged with existing thread

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

GOT 3 WEE BOTTLES IN TIMONY NEWS YESTERDAY :D:D:D:D:D:D

Advertisement